advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to sort out some proper record storage.

image.jpg

On some message boards, images inside quotebacks are reduced to a thumbnail size. I wonder if this is possible in vBulletin?

All that is required is to highlight the part

PICTURE WE HAVE SEEN [IMG][/COLOR]

and press delete.

Still using the Philips Ceramic cartridge I see. It sounded fabulous through those Quads when I heard it.

(see...no repeat photos. :))

Yes it probable the best cartridge I've heard.

I'm hoping to get it modified when it need a new stylus.

My plans are to have a lighter weight cantilever and a nude elliptical stylus fitted, I'm not sure if it will make any difference as it has a very natural detailed sound and it tracks so well.

Sharif

Not sure what I'm impressed with more, the turntable or your photography.

What other components and speakers are you using presently?

Thanks - and really sorry been a complete dipstick and forgot to mention the rest of my humble rig:

Cartridge is Denon DL110 - nothing earth-shattering but it doesn't do much wrong, and for the money still very hard to equal, let alone beat.

Phonostage: Puresound P10 - picked up very recently, I had one of these a few years ago and had forgotton how damn good it is. This one has NOS Telefunken and Mullard valves fitted.

Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R

Digital is an old Sony 330ES CD player into a Teac UD-H01 dac. I've had several dacs come and go (including a borrowed one which cost £2.5k) but nothing has made me want to move this on. Cracking bit of kit.

Q3010 speakers - these things are just a riot. :D

All hooked up with NVA cable.

Thanks - and really sorry been a complete dipstick and forgot to mention the rest of my humble rig:

Cartridge is Denon DL110 - nothing earth-shattering but it doesn't do much wrong, and for the money still very hard to equal, let alone beat.

Phonostage: Puresound P10 - picked up very recently, I had one of these a few years ago and had forgotton how damn good it is. This one has NOS Telefunken and Mullard valves fitted.

Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R

Digital is an old Sony 330ES CD player into a Teac UD-H01 dac. I've had several dacs come and go (including a borrowed one which cost £2.5k) but nothing has made me want to move this on. Cracking bit of kit.

Q3010 speakers - these things are just a riot. :D

All hooked up with NVA cable.

That is a lovely albeit unusual system. Fellow 8vs2 & Psx- R user here for some years. I envy you for the stunning deck though. I think I did read that you participated with the little QAcoustic's at Scalford to good effect.

Never heard them or their larger brothers but they seem to get glowing editorials everywhere.

As for the DAC, interesting piece and versatile.

Thanks for the run-down on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back