advertisement

System Pics 2016 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be onto something ;)

IMG_0273.jpg
3G8A3338.jpg
3G8A2250.jpg

Out of all those wonderful compact speakers which one is your favourite and why?

Again Yurivv great photos. What's your initial thoughts on the new Audio Spring dac?

Thanks!

This DAC has been sent me by dmitre (he is the owner of this particular example) within the "Russian Tour" experiment. All details can be found here:

http://www.dastereo.ru/t/holo-audio-spring-dac-r2r-dsd512/2075

Please read the disclaimer in English in the first post of this topic.

Here is the link to my extended review of this DAC:

http://www.dastereo.ru/t/holo-audio-spring-dac-r2r-dsd512/2075/1752

Although the text has written in Russian, you can use Google Translate with decent results.

Out of all those wonderful compact speakers which one is your favourite and why?

That would be the PMC DB1i. Amazing bass quantity, detail and speed, beautiful warm midrange that sounds natural with acoustic or electronic instruments and a treble that has enough bite but isn't shrill, add fantastic imaging and sound staging. Certainly the most musical and complete mini package that doesn't favor one musical genre that I've heard followed closely by the Dynaudio X12.

That would be the PMC DB1i. Amazing bass quantity, detail and speed, beautiful warm midrange that sounds natural with acoustic or electronic instruments and a treble that has enough bite but isn't shrill, add fantastic imaging and sound staging. Certainly the most musical and complete mini package that doesn't favor one musical genre that I've heard followed closely by the Dynaudio X12.

I have seen the PMC at Biggleswade Hi Fi Lounge but regrettably not heard them. I must rectify this on my next visit.
Lady N will only allow one pair of speakers at a time in the house. So I am a bit limited. I have Shahinian Arcs at the moment but I have a standmount itch that I believe will need scratching soon.

I have seen the PMC at Biggleswade Hi Fi Lounge but regrettably not heard them. I must rectify this on my next visit.
Lady N will only allow one pair of speakers at a time in the house. So I am a bit limited. I have Shahinian Arcs at the moment but I have a standmount itch that I believe will need scratching soon.

Regarding the misses, I hear ya. If you do get to Biggleswade ask to hear them, just make sure its not any of the newer 20 series as they have a quiet different (less balanced IMO) sound.

IMG_5944.JPG

Spendor D7, Roksan Caspian
Sonos Connect and SMSL Sanskit hiding behind TV
Hackintosh off to the side

In temporary digs at the moment so it's all very cosy but it's sounding good with lots of furniture in a small room :)

Currently listening to my modified Thorens TD160 Super

Thorens%20TD160%20Super%2001B.jpg

Thorens%20TD160%20Super%2001C.jpg

Amplifier modified Quad II's and 22 preamp.

Quad%2022%2002A.jpg

Quad%20II%2002A.jpg

Quad%20II%2001A.jpg

Sharif

Could contributors to this thread at least consider learning how to modify quoted text and pictures, to avoid posting a whole set of pictures twice or thrice?

Just got in from my new-to-me LP12 being serviced/arm fitted by Peter at Cymbiosis...

Now that looks just like the Sondek I lusted after in The Listening Rooms on Old Brompton Road many, many moons ago. A lovely thing. Hope you enjoy it and you're still solvent after your trip to Leicester!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back