advertisement

System pics 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like some planning has gone into that. Did you have to knock the two walls down? Is that an RSJ running the length of the room?

Whats the kit Mike?

Yes and yes, Pete, plus building an internal solid wall for the wall shelves. Months of building chaos and open spaces in a freezing December; no c/h,; just an open fire; worse, no hifi, of course (well, a little Cyrus 1 helped me get through :))

KIT is :

ProAc Response 4 speakers (@ 133 kg each)
NacA5 and Chord Odyssey (interchangeable) to
2 E.A.R. 509 Mark 2s (100 w. per ch.) on converted Target stands.
Naim 552 pre. and power supply
Naim 01 tuner & power supply
Meridian G08 CDP
Naim Headline (powered from 552) with Senn 650s
N.A. Dais with 12" Ace Anna arm and Koetsu Urushi Vermillion into
Naim Superline, Supercap and HiLine
Orbe (for sale) SME 5 (sold) and Koetsu Black Goldline (for sale).

Thanks for asking

Mike, it would be useful if you used the little icon that looks like a postcard of a mountain view in the advanced reply menu. Then your images are displayed inline like this

228724_152076744858561_109607879105448_323542_2234276_n.jpg

and folks don't have to click on your links one by one.

Gosh, Markus. I've only just mastered one new piece of technological sleight of hand. Anyway, I've found the postcard thingy; can't say I understand the difference, but presumably I use this for advert pic's as well (?) Next time round I'll give it a whirl.:) That's a real weirdo horn speaker there !

Mike, it would be useful if you used the little icon that looks like a postcard of a mountain view in the advanced reply menu. Then your images are displayed inline like this

228724_152076744858561_109607879105448_323542_2234276_n.jpg

and folks don't have to click on your links one by one.

I just see one photo on that link, ie the same as each link of Mike's. What am I missing?

Gosh, Markus. I've only just mastered one new piece of technological sleight of hand. Anyway, I've found the postcard thingy; can't say I understand the difference, but presumably I use this for advert pic's as well (?) Next time round I'll give it a whirl.:) That's a real weirdo horn speaker there !

I've edited your post. Yes, you can use the postcard icon for advert pics as well :)

The weirdo horn speaker comes via ultra fi.

Nice place Spacey! Nice system! I can see my self right at home there.

Is that a Vermont Castings stove?

Louballoo

Cheers Lou, its been hard work re-building the place, its a C1880 cottage we bought last year and have doubled the size of it.

The fireplace and the front facade to the building and staircase is about all that remains untouched. IIRC its a Villager Chelsea Duo dual burner.

Lovely system and room Mike - those speakers are epic!

Lefty

Cheers, Lefty. Have seen bigger, but not heavier; I could move them ten years ago, but now.............,.

Knew I should have got Chord EPIC speaker leads instead of Odyssey !:D

Thought I'd drag the old wooden wonder from (sitting idle on the top of a wardrobe) upstairs this morning. Re-fitted the arm from the 401 and spun some choons...

IMG_7018.jpg

Now the hum problem has been cured with the arm, and we've re-routed the earth path for the turntable, it runs absolutely silently (in a good way!). It still sounds very good indeed, and probably deserves a 'better' cartridge (the SAS Jico M75 is great in the SME) one that's more suited to the heavy Pioneer arm.

That arm looks much more at home on the Pioneer Gromit. Mind you as it started off there it should I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back