advertisement

Stock Market 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big risk I see going forward is with the government supporting some (alot) of businesses that are technically insolvent, once they are let lose to fend for themselves many will go under. That has domino effect on their suppliers who's potential unsecured creditor debt is just getting bigger and bigger the longer this goes on for.

FWIW I use them for my SIPP, ISA, and trading account and they seem pretty good to me.

FWIW I use them for my SIPP, ISA, and trading account and they seem pretty good to me.

Yes, they also came rated highly when I was looking at my SIPP stuff so seem to be the one to try for SIPP and Children's ISA's

Was just speaking to friend with a business who banks with Nationwide. That bank isn't on the list in link that offer Business Bounce Back loans.
https://www.british-business-bank.c...oans/current-accredited-lenders-and-partners/

It appears all the banks (?) that offer BBL have shut down applications for new accounts. Seems very fair doesn't it...

Lots of issues like this coming out of the woodwork. Government interventions in business normally go pear shaped.

You will have good businesses go under because they just so happen to be with the wrong bank as of 1 March 2020...meanwhile other chancers are grabbing the money and blowing it..

Moral Hazard will be the buzzword in the next few years

And thar she blows..!

Spot Gold at $2004/oz, Silver at $25.7, and climbing rapidly.

I wonder if $2K will see a lot of profit takers.

Apple is heading towards $2 trillion valuation ! And the Big 4 others are not far behind. I think people are parking their money in 'too big to fail'.

^^ seems toppy to me but what do I know! May have mentioned previously, the US tech Corp I used to work for was the best performing stock on Wall Street in the 90’s. Great company. Stock went from over $100 to $3. It was still the same great company and is still great 20 years later.

^^ seems toppy to me but what do I know! May have mentioned previously, the US tech Corp I used to work for was the best performing stock on Wall Street in the 90’s. Great company. Stock went from over $100 to $3. It was still the same great company and is still great 20 years later.

It's all relative isn't it.

Tesla has gone from one of the most shorted companies to what it is now (whatever that is).

I just took some Silver profits...it's all looking too good for my liking.

My Cineworld call a few weeks back is looking good LOL
Hey... I'll call my winners AND losers!

Now the real stuff starts after that weird 'hope' phase we had in June...still glad I kept my overall exposure to about 15% of cash reserves as still not sure where this is going to go. The cliff is coming this winter...

Tesla has gone from one of the most shorted companies to what it is now (whatever that is).

Now the real stuff starts after that weird 'hope' phase we had in May/June...still glad I kept my overall exposure to about 15% of cash reserves as still not sure where this is going to go. The cliff is coming this winter...

Yep, when the unemployment benefit (AKA furlough) stops, reality will hit very hard and fast. Many people are sleep walking into the abyss. New car with a 3 month payment holiday? Why not?!

I read that the current global fiscal stimulus is equivalent to about 20% of Global GDP.

We're on government life support.

I keep hearing that the major damage will be contained to the tourism and hospitality industries. It reminds me of 2008 where people thought that damage would be 'contained' as well. Modern economies are much too complicated for that.

^ well it should to be done. At the end of the day we can't let all these companies fail and millions of jobs disappear if a vaccine is just over the hill. If there was one genuine time for 'government life support' this is it.

^^ I agree but we are in totally unchartered waters and I feel some in power don't have the general populations interests as their key driver...Politics!

Why is the FED buying Apples bonds etc?

Now the real stuff starts after that weird 'hope' phase we had in June...still glad I kept my overall exposure to about 15% of cash reserves as still not sure where this is going to go. The cliff is coming this winter...

There's an article in today's Guardian about the current cinema experience.

Probably wise - something about being outnumbered by popcorn sellers.:)

Yes, it all relies on when the likes of Tenet surfaces. If lockdown escalates a controlled cinema environment might be the only leisure activity left (or not!)

Probably wise - something about being outnumbered by popcorn sellers.:)

The Cineworld share Buy Bots must have been turned on today. It's all a bit crazy. Markets so sentiment driven.

Could be the classic 'short squeeze' that's been due the last week or so. There's companies in much greater trouble than Cineworld out there yet the shorters been all over it the last few weeks...

The Cineworld share Buy Bots must have been turned on today. It's all a bit crazy. Markets so sentiment driven.

Could be the classic 'short squeeze' that's been due the last week or so. There's companies in much greater trouble than Cineworld out there yet the shorters been all over it the last few weeks...

Let's hope they move over to RR pronto :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back