advertisement

Stock Market 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'think' the shorters might have finished with Cineworld for now at least so be interesting to see where it is in a few weeks...

This markets been mad since March.

Anyone in Kodak?

....see what I mean about crazy....this isn't normal.

I'm also taking a risk with Cineworld but I'm actually working on one of their large UK projects and if it's shelved then I fold...if not I hold....it's been steaming ahead since start of June

I'm also taking a risk with Cineworld but I'm actually working on one of their large UK projects and if it's shelved then I fold...if not I hold....it's been steaming ahead since start of June

Crazy (rich) is a good description.

Good luck with CW - I was in and out of it when we could all go to the cinema. I saw it as a trading stock.

Is that insider trading ?

Yeah, I bought it as a medium term hold TBH.

..but lets be clear alot of what I am doing here is gambling as I've got other long term stuff going on.

see how Cineworld's UK opening day goes.

Price will either be at 25 or 60 next month IMO.

I'm just into it as I like the cinema and the fact Cineworlds CEO 'Mooky' has serious skin in the game and was brought up in the industry.

Also, the fact that a landlord just can't turf out a cinema operator like they can a retailer...cinema fitouts include a load of 'mass'. The landlords will have to wait this thing out just like the cinema operators have too. Rent and staffing are their biggest fixed costs. Cineworld have just sent the teenagers back home that largely run these things...the 'projectionist' is just a central 'computer' now. They don't pay for films until they actually show them.

Yes, everyone's down on Cineworld and I'm the contrarian investor. I'm in at an average of 43p. Nearly bought at 60p a little while back.

Remember some were in at 300p not that long ago...my potential future pain on this one is all relative.

I'm watching RR but but not sure I am ready to invest. Today I invested in Shell, BT and WPP as the shares dropped into my pre-determined price zones (in fact Shell was a lot cheaper, due some asset write-downs). These are long term investments and I plan that they should yield good progress after Covid and Brexit-related woes are largely behind us (3 years plus...in my mind) but the ride is going to be scary. Centrica is in my buy zone at sub 40p, but seemed to have made a break for it (c 50p now and too expensive for me as there are other better value investments still).

I'm watching RR but but not sure I am ready to invest. Today I invested in Shell, BT and WPP as the shares dropped into my pre-determined price zones (in fact Shell was a lot cheaper, due some asset write-downs). These are long term investments and I plan that they should yield good progress after Covid and Brexit-related woes are largely behind us (3 years plus...in my mind) but the ride is going to be scary. Centrica is in my buy zone at sub 40p, but seemed to have made a break for it (c 50p now and too expensive for me as there are other better value investments still).

I was holding Centrica for a few months at around 40p and offloaded it at 50p the morning it jumped. No other reason than I got bored and it had hit my 20% gain = sell rule.

I'm feeling like offloading some more of my silver and gold. I sold 1/3rd of my silver earlier this week. Too many spruikers about saying the US dollar is finished, gold/silver to go to the moon. Where were they 3 months ago... It may well do that but plenty of bumps coming in this road.

When I read articles like this in mainstream media I also feel like selling...again were they talking about Silver 3 months ago when it was the OBVIOUS hedge buy?!?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/shares/forget-gold-silver-rising-faster-will-continue-run/

I'm trying to start ISA's for the children and the cheapo platform I used iWeb doesn't do them. These will just have 5 or so inital buys then they will be held for years so what's the best ones with the lowest holding fees? iWeb is good for that sort of thing bit don't do children's ISA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back