advertisement

Silliest French word I learnt so far

I think the polite expression is va te faire foutre. Or possibly nique ta mère.
Ouch. The first is very strong, the second as strong as it gets. Dans ton cul isn't as strong as you might think IME and I favour with the yoof, hence why I used it to counter claims of being behind the times.

Ouch. The first is very strong, the second as strong as it gets. Dans ton cul isn't as strong as you might think IME and I favour with the yoof, hence why I used it to counter claims of being behind the times.

I don’t know if this is right but nique ta mère to me has connotations of a scrap in the playground. The only time I’ve heard it used is in conversations among kids coming out of the lycée on the bus!

The most horrible one I’ve ever heard was in a fight in a bar in Toulouse - something like je te pisse à la raie.

Ah merci. A few other versions so you can improve your knowledge :

Couler une dalle
Poser une pêche
Poser une latte

But what does se meler mean literally? Not that, methinks.
Se mêler de quelque chose = To be nosy about something, quite literally. In general it has a negative connotation, but when say the police is getting nosy about something, it can be for a reason.

Mêler la viande et les épices (without « se ») : mix the meat and the spices

You are placing your peach -like bottom on the porcelain, aren't you?

If you like this stuff, and who doesn't, get a copy of "Pardon my French" by Harrap . It's great.

Samples-
Ouf, il y a du monde (au balcon)
Ouais, tu parles, jolis nichons.
(Trans: my word, that young woman is well proportion ed.
Yes, indeed, what an impressive figure ")

Media (?) de poisson rose will never catch on ! Wonder if they have French Windows 10 over there. Bit of a pane if so.

One for the French speakers. I have a friend in Canada who I think is dyslexic. I just received an email where he said, talking about a CD

Vous avez un avis sur le dernier Gesualdo Tenebrae, dure a percevoir moi je l'avais en dowloads le sont pas manuel d'instruction je trouvame cella gerbant, et le sound statique.

The thing that’s troubling me is je trouvame. Is it a québécois form of trouver maybe spelt wrong? I can’t believe anyone would say je trouvâmes. Though I vaguely remember someone telling me years ago that peasants en rase campagne sometimes use the nous form with je - je trouvons.

Help with le sont pas manuel d’instruction also appreciated,

It's a predictive text cockup. Je trouve. Easy. There are piles of other predictive text cockups that your mate just hasn't seen, because he can't.

advertisement

Back