advertisement

Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the recent General Election, here are the numbers for Scotland:
Registered voters 4,053,140
SNP 1,242,380
Conservative 692,939
LibDem 263,417
Labour 511,838
Green 28,122

Sturgeon acknowledges not all SNP voters support independence and only ~30% of Scots registered to vote opted for the SNP. Sturgeon has stated that 60% is needed before calling another referendum and they don't have 60%. The SNP does not have a mandate for another referendum, let alone a mandate for independence.

If she goes begging to the tories, the numbers give Johnson an open goal for:

Brian, as you seem so interested in the subject, perhaps you would do better to do some research, instead of spouting the same BS day in, day out? Or are you simply 100% troll?

At the risk of wasting my time (again!), why not look at the SNP manifesto for the 2016 Holyrood election, and the subsequent vote on an independence referendum in the Scottish Parliament? Then, the respective manifestos/campaigns for the 2019 Westminster election from the SNP and the 'Scottish' Tories? ( if you can't be bothered with the last one, just read Colin L's post https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...dependent-country.233892/page-53#post-3850571 ).

In the recent General Election, here are the numbers for Scotland:
Registered voters 4,053,140
SNP 1,242,380
Conservative 692,939
LibDem 263,417
Labour 511,838
Green 28,122

Sturgeon acknowledges not all SNP voters support independence and only ~30% of Scots registered to vote opted for the SNP. Sturgeon has stated that 60% is needed before calling another referendum and they don't have 60%. The SNP does not have a mandate for another referendum, let alone a mandate for independence.

If she goes begging to the tories, the numbers give Johnson an open goal for:

Change the record FFS! You're not so much a troll as a bore!

now drive to Cherbourg and take the ferry to Dublin

Paris to Cherbourg never used to be much fun either. I did it a few times back in the day with a car full of climbing gear. Happy days. But I take your point about the Gretna Stranraer road. Especially if you're stuck behind one of the many wagons on the road and double especially if you have a lhd car.

Change the record FFS! You're not so much a troll as a bore!
With, it would seem, schoolboy ignorance of the electoral system at work in his own country and Scotland. Here are the final results on December 13 again-
SNP 48 (+13)
Con 6 (-7)
LD. 4 (0)
Labour 1 (-6)

-even the dear old BBC called it a landslide. Now let’s get independence done and move on.

Paris to Cherbourg never used to be much fun either. I did it a few times back in the day with a car full of climbing gear. Happy days. But I take your point about the Gretna Stranraer road. Especially if you're stuck behind one of the many wagons on the road and double especially if you have a lhd car.

The trick is to avoid Paris completely! These days, I take the Autoroute des Anglais (direction Calais and the Chunnel) and then head towards Amiens. This takes you well to the north of the Paris conurbation and adds little to the time. Only problems these days are the extensive roadworks on both sides of Caen.

Brian, as you seem so interested in the subject, perhaps you would do better to do some research, instead of spouting the same BS day in, day out? Or are you simply 100% troll?

At the risk of wasting my time (again!), why not look at the SNP manifesto for the 2016 Holyrood election, and the subsequent vote on an independence referendum in the Scottish Parliament? Then, the respective manifestos/campaigns for the 2019 Westminster election from the SNP and the 'Scottish' Tories? ( if you can't be bothered with the last one, just read Colin L's post https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...dependent-country.233892/page-53#post-3850571 ).
Whoever you are, I don't seem interested, I am interested because this affects the UK. Scotland is part of the UK and I come from a country that is also part of the UK, so I have an interest. Are you suggesting only Scots should be interested in what happens to the UK?

Having a different pov to yourself, and a few Scottish nationalists does not equal troll, nor does it mean I am posting BS. Are the figures in my last post incorrect? Where is the BS?

If you want an echo chamber send a PM to the site owner and ask if he'll set half a dozen of you up with a room where you can all agree with each other. It won't help you get a referendum, though.

With, it would seem, schoolboy ignorance of the electoral system at work in his own country and Scotland. Here are the final results on December 13 again-
SNP 48 (+13)
Con 6 (-7)
LD. 4 (0)
Labour 1 (-6)

-even the dear old BBC called it a landslide. Now let’s get independence done and move on.
Change the record, FFS. :D

Even the nationalist knows a referendum does not work on the same system as a General Election.

Here is a reminder of what happened in 2014.
Date 18 September 2014
Results

Votes %
14px-Yes_check.svg.png
Yes 1,617,989 44.70%
14px-X_mark.svg.png
No 2,001,926 55.30%
Valid votes 3,619,915 99.91%
Invalid or blank votes 3,429 0.09%
Total votes 3,623,344 100.00%
Registered voters/turnout 4,283,392 84.59%

Whoever you are, I don't seem interested, I am interested because this affects the UK. Scotland is part of the UK and I come from a country that is also part of the UK, so I have an interest. Are you suggesting only Scots should be interested in what happens to the UK?

Having a different pov to yourself, and a few Scottish nationalists does not equal troll, nor does it mean I am posting BS. Are the figures in my last post incorrect? Where is the BS?

If you want an echo chamber send a PM to the site owner and ask if he'll set half a dozen of you up with a room where you can all agree with each other. It won't help you get a referendum, though.

So, instead of doing as I suggested, just more insults and false accusations... Quelle suprise.

The trick is to avoid Paris completely

There must have been a touch of masochism in our choice of route. Sometimes we were coming from the alps, other times the pyrenees. But both routes always involved at least a half circuit of the periphique. You're clearly more organised than we ever were

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-50924704

Chagos Islands dispute: UK accused of 'crimes against humanity' by Mauritius

Even the chagossians, all 1000 of them, want to be freed of the cold, dead, grasping hands of Westminster.

"earlier this year, Mauritius won a major victory against Britain when the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague ruled - in an advisory opinion - that the Chagos Islands should be handed over to Mauritius in order to complete its "decolonisation."

The United Nations General Assembly then voted to give Britain a six-month deadline to begin that process. Britain has steadfastly refused to comply."

Poor sods.

" Philippe Sands, a lawyer representing the Mauritian government, said: "Britain is on the edge of finding itself as a pariah state."

Brittania unleashed indeed

So, instead of doing as I suggested, just more insults and false accusations... Quelle suprise.
Insults? There aren’t many insults from me in this thread, whoever you are.

Where are the false accusations?

Patience does get stretched sometimes with the BS from you nationalists, but if my post offends you, I suggest you report the post and my terrible comment may be deleted.

Edit: Patience has recovered. Edited so as not to offend whoever this bloke is.

Even the chagossians, all 1000 of them, want to be freed of the cold, dead, grasping hands of Westminster.

"earlier this year, Mauritius won a major victory against Britain when the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague ruled - in an advisory opinion - that the Chagos Islands should be handed over to Mauritius in order to complete its "decolonisation."

The United Nations General Assembly then voted to give Britain a six-month deadline to begin that process. Britain has steadfastly refused to comply."

Poor sods.

" Philippe Sands, a lawyer representing the Mauritian government, said: "Britain is on the edge of finding itself as a pariah state."

:D

Not sure what this has to do with Scottish independence. Just more anti-English BS, really.

I’m not surprised they want to return now the place has sound buildings, roads, electricity, sanitation, airport and amenities, etc.

Poor sods.

The page is turning on British history. Downgrading itself from a leading power to a medium size mature economy, with a new name. Eventually the UNSC permanent seat will be challenged. There should be one for Europe.

Insults? There aren’t many insults from me in this thread, whoever you are.

Where are the false accusations?

Patience does get stretched sometimes with the BS from you nationalists, but if my post offends you, I suggest you report the post and my terrible comment may be deleted.

Edit: Patience has recovered. Edited so as not to offend whoever this bloke is.

'This bloke' is someone who knows a lot more about this subject than you appear to.

'This bloke' is someone who, against his better judgement, gave you the benefit of considerable doubt, and pointed you in the direction of factual information to correct some of your BS; the fact that you have ignored this, and instead responded in the way that you invariably seem to, says it all.

'This bloke' is someone who knows a lot more about this subject than you appear to.

'This bloke' is someone who, against his better judgement, gave you the benefit of considerable doubt, and pointed you in the direction of factual information to correct some of your BS; the fact that you have ignored this, and instead responded in the way that you invariably seem to, says it all.
The numbers I posted earlier and then you mentioned bullshit. Where? Which numbers were wrong?

advertisement

Back