advertisement

Scottish Politics II

Not a surprise.

Just to remind folk. There was a referendum in Scotland for independence as recently as 2014. The nationalists lost. In the 2019 General Election only 30% of the electorate voted for the SNP on their single, narrow minded issue. There is no mandate for another referendum.

Not a surprise.

Just to remind folk. There was a referendum in Scotland for independence as recently as 2014. The nationalists lost. In the 2019 General Election only 30% of the electorate voted for the SNP on their single, narrow minded issue. There is no mandate for another referendum.

True, but by the same standard only 37% of the UK wanted Brexit yet.........

True, but by the same standard only 37% of the UK wanted Brexit yet.........
....people have done little other than complain about that for 6 years.

I’m not arguing, btw. 52/48 or 37% of the electorate was never enough for such a massive change as leaving the EU, particularly on a hard brexit.

Such a mistake should not be repeated.

Abuse of BBC journalist ... (by Scots nationalists)...was disgraceful

But I can't have a civilised conversation because this gentleman calls me ( Cook ) 'traitor' and 'scum' and screams me down.

Seems a bit rich these Farage-like/Tommeh-like types calling anyone scum.

At least The Sturgeon gets it. I wonder if people here will...

Source: BBC

....people have done little other than complain about that for 6 years.

I’m not arguing, btw. 52/48 or 37% of the electorate was never enough for such a massive change as leaving the EU, particularly on a hard brexit.

Such a mistake should not be repeated.

Not being one to quibble, but 0% of the electorate was quite definitively not enough for such a massive change as joining it in the first place!

Would you not agree?

Great to see the humongous "Tory scum out" poster outside the pustulant hustings. And tories deserve any abuse they get. Pile it on I say!

Pity the innocent BBC reporter was targeted though.

Not being one to quibble, but 0% of the electorate was quite definitively not enough for such a massive change as joining it in the first place!

Would you not agree?
I would agree, it's a good point. Nobody voted to join the EU.

Great to see the humongous "Tory scum out" poster outside the pustulant hustings. And tories deserve any abuse they get. Pile it on I say!

Pity the innocent BBC reporter was targeted though.
Anti-Tory protest and the BBC make it about the BBC and one individual in the crowd. Remember Laura K in a flak jacket and helmet at the Labour Conference? - same shit. Pumped here by a guy who endorses Tory Brexit and Ukip posts. Spot the connection.

Anti-Tory protest and the BBC make it about the BBC and one individual in the crowd. Remember Laura K in a flak jacket and helmet at the Labour Conference? - same shit. Pumped here by a guy who endorses Tory Brexit and Ukip posts. Spot the connection.

Indeed and it is disgusting that such people are allowed to post here.

Yes, I do. UKIP and SNP. Big connection, both supported by grubby, narrow-minded nationalists.

Who is it here endorsing tory brexit and ukip posts?

I was trying to explain to my younger daughter why the Sunday Post ran a cartoon called Oor Wullie and why he was always sat on an upturned bucket in his backyard.

advertisement

Back