advertisement

Scottish Politics II

I was trying to explain to my younger daughter why the Sunday Post ran a cartoon called Oor Wullie and why he was always sat on an upturned bucket in his backyard.
Did you explain too that Daphne Broon had been institutionalised for moral insanity aged 16?

There is a huge difference between English and Scottish nationalists. English ones are basically UKIP far right twunts whereas Scottish one's are quite reasonably wanting to throw off the shackles of tory scum. If only they would move the border to the right and proper place of Hadrian's wall once again!

There is a huge difference between English and Scottish nationalists. English ones are basically UKIP far right twunts whereas Scottish one's are quite reasonably wanting to throw off the shackles of tory scum. If only they would move the border to the right and proper place of Hadrian's wall once again!
Trying to liken Sturgeon to the white racist scumbag Farage is just absurd

Last edited:
How would you know? At its core, nationalism is all the same. The motivation is exactly the same.

Trying to liken Sturgeon with the white racist scumbag Farage is just absurd
Ah, it’s the nationalist.

Who did that?

From the man who liked dozens of posts by a banned ukip shill. what does that tell you?

“Ive got no problem with the Scotch”

You've lost me.

A Bronx cheer is also known as blowing a raspberry.

6-ACB7-BD5-4-C58-4244-AA75-50-FAC6-CC0-A96.gif

The hand movement is an optional embellishment. I prefer thumb tip to nose, with four wiggling fingers.

Trying to link UKIP with the SNP was another classic.
An anti-Tory protest was held outside the Tory Leadership hustings in Perth. Police Scotland reported no arrests and no incidents recorded. The Tory Party and BBC chose to make it instead a story of alleged comments made to a political editor by one member of the public. What’s also interesting is that the same absurdist Tory attack line was posted on the thread by someone claiming to be a Labour supporter. The same member who also regularly endorsed Tory and UKIP pro-Brexit posts.

We don’t elect Tory governments in Scotland, we voted to remain in the EU and we don’t support the likes of Farage and ukip.

Apart from thinking we're grubby.
Of course there’s another nationalism in play here. The one that dares not speak its name. The one that explains Brexit and why we have a Tory Party led by Boris Johnson, it’s policies shaped by Nigel Farage and the demographic he claims quite credibly to represent.

Of course there’s another nationalism in play here. The one that dares not speak its name. The one that explains Brexit and why we have a Tory Party led by Boris Johnson, it’s policies shaped by Nigel Farage and the demographic he claims quite credibly to represent.
Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?
Yes, figures as diverse as Ken Clarke, Ian Paisley Jr and Chris Patten have come out and named it but mum’s the word- it causes wailing and gnashing of teeth when anyone else mentions it. Starmer is being advised to address it more obliquely as “identity”. If they don’t come out of the closet the thing will flop out all by itself with tattoos on.

From the man who liked dozens of posts by a banned ukip shill. what does that tell you?

“Ive got no problem with the Scotch”
Who is this banned ukip shill I’m supposed to ‘like’? You are the nationalist here, not me.

I don’t have any problem with ‘the Scotch’.

Apart from thinking we're grubby.
I don’t think Scots are grubby. I said nationalists are grubby. If you identify as grubby that’s your problem.

FFS you talk some bollox!
You sucked in the usual suspects with that one and it looks like a few more have woken at the sniff of a pile-on. :D

Who is this banned ukip shill I’m supposed to ‘like’? You are the nationalist here, not me.

I don’t have any problem with ‘the Scotch’.

I don’t think Scots are grubby. I said nationalists are grubby. If you identify as grubby that’s your problem.

You sucked in the usual suspects with that one and it looks like a few more have woken at the sniff of a pile-on. :D

In case you don't know, some Scots are nationalists.

Ah the familiar pose as victim every time he gets caught out in the open by more than one target at the same time. The use of Scotch as a pejorative including one particularly unpleasant campaign against a member who no longer participates. Classic bait and troll-

Should men be neutered at birth?

Achieves the intended effect then gaslights and further insults the victim. The activity on this thread can only be explained as trolling. Notice how it always ends up the same way?

advertisement

Back