advertisement

Rugby World Cup

Gutted for Argentina yesterday, what a comeback.
Ireland looking good (Scotland were awful).
All Blacks, well, what can you say...

I thought England done good...some rust and some poor handling but with 24 stone of angry Tongan coming at you at speed it's forgivable!

I thought England done good...some rust and some poor handling but with 24 stone of angry Tongan coming at you at speed it's forgivable!

Hope so but better sides would have punished England for their poor handling. Let’s hope that’s their worst out of the way.

Yes but I think England's new defence coach is V V good. Not really tested yet but those 'better sides' which are in evidence may well get stopped most of the time. A stalled NZ with little space to work can always seem to make a keyhole into a door, but then we have force on out side:)

No tries conceded against a team that clearly wanted to stifle England's plans. Bonus point achieved, which could also prove very useful...

Can only hope the TV coverage and commentary gets better. Zero atmosphere generated. Dull in the extreme.

Fell asleep watching England / The Pacific today.

Can only hope the TV coverage and commentary gets better. Zero atmosphere generated. Dull in the extreme.

Fell asleep watching England / The Pacific today.
totally agree with this, and the flippin adverts even after the hakka..I mean for goodness sake!
Bring back Butler and Moore.

I've never really understood the concept of TV advertising. I mean. If someone thinks that I'll buy or use one of their products because they've just interrupted and basically ruined the moment of what I was watching. They are wrong.

I'll do the the complete opposite actually because they really pissed me off.

Confused.com? No. Not at all actually. Feckin Idiots.

NZ looked rather good. So, the real World Cup is for who finishes runner up! The England games was interesting in the sense that I think England seemed to avoid physical confrontation. Defensively did a good job. Some flashes of brilliance in the attack. But, how many fumbled balls and, as ever, needless penalties given away. Tidy up the latter and England will be a real contender.

The other thought is that if the Pacific Islands could keep all their players (instead of the best playing for Australia etc) they would be a real force in world rugby.

advertisement

Back