advertisement

Rugby World Cup

Wales looked very good today. Their next game is against Australia - that's going to be quite some game.

Here’s an idea though, our repost to the haka could be six of our finest allocated to have twelve pints before the game, and do a rendition of Come On If You Think You’re Hard Enough. Obviously they’d need to be substituted immediately, but it could be worth it.

It was.
Some serious injuries though

Yes, great game. As much as it pains me to say it, Wales look like a real force. If they keep playing like that I find it hard to see who can stop them - I think they would give the All Blacks a run for their money in this mood. Gatland's got them well coached, primed and ready.

I hope for their sake that Biggar's alright - when he's fired up he's hard to stop.

The Japan/Ireland game was brilliant too - what a result. I wonder if Ireland have peaked too soon - some of their players look out on their feet. Mind you not much of a surprise with Japan trying to keep the ball in play as much as possible.

Wales were excellent though they were hanging on desperately for the last quarter of the game I thought?

Yes, to be fair Australia was a different side when Matt Toomua came on but they were ultimately undone by Wales' game management and willingness to take points at every opportunity - witness the two drop goals they scored in the early stages of each half.

Yes, great game. As much as it pains me to say it, Wales look like a real force. If they keep playing like that I find it hard to see who can stop them - I think they would give the All Blacks a run for their money in this mood. Gatland's got them well coached, primed and ready.
The Japan/Ireland game was brilliant too - what a result. I wonder if Ireland have peaked too soon - some of their players look out on their feet. Mind you not much of a surprise with Japan trying to keep the ball in play as much as possible.

Yes agree looks like Wales turn up for the World Cup as per usual. With regard to Ireland I think they are a spent force. Too many old players. Narrow game plan coupled with the humidity and ridiculous effort Ireland's game plan forces them to play I think means we will be facing the All blacks and will be annihilated or well bashed by South Africa.
It is a bad ideal to announce you are leaving as coach before a major championship. To keep moaning Ireland always hang on to their stars for too long.

Why are stadium roofs closed when the weather is good outside?
It makes it hotter and more humid and seems to make the ball much more slippery.

Why are stadium roofs closed when the weather is good outside?
It makes it hotter and more humid and seems to make the ball much more slippery.
Japanese rugby players are picked because of their gluey fingers?
It was weird tho. Brilliant first half from the Taffs, but second half handling errors were daft in number...slimey ball in that humidity.
Main thing that strikes me so far this year is the huge improvement in goal kicking technique and standard. Blame Wilkinson for awakening the world to how important that is:(
I am NOT looking forward to Scotland vs SA. Nor is my Scots wife. Sometimes being an Englishman in Scotland carries a bonus (for a few week s anyway).

Skills have increased phenomenally in all areas in recent years, there was a time when only the full-back could catch a high ball, now they are all catching them one-handed over their shoulders, not to mention passing almost half the width of the pitch and performing gymnastso-balletic leaps outside the touch line to keep the ball in play.

France stuttering again today...Tonga so close! I think Eng will beat them next week and go top, which means the Aussies next IIRC, and I think we may well win there too so?
Wales, SA and NZ all look in very good form too as does Japan, although I'm not quite sure if they will get to the Semis.
Shame about the knock to Marler and Billy V. Marler I thought was solid as a Mako replacement so far and will be missed if that's a hamstring?

Watched all the England games. Watched France today. Will be a major upset if England don’t win that game next week.

Refereeing including video ref very good today, as well.

Don't think the French will be too bothered if they lose to England and thus avoid the NZ half of the draw tbh....should England top the group, would they have to overcome Australia, NZ and then South Africa/Wales in a final?

Wales weren't at their best before but they made lots of changes. I expect them to beat France.

Hope Japan hang on here.

advertisement

Back