advertisement

Rugby World Cup

SA played with discipline, tenacity and uncharacteristic fluidity. They were clearly the better team. First ever to win the RWC after losing a pool match. I feel for the English side, but also slightly smug the Webb Ellis Cup stays in the southern hemisphere.

yes , well done . just been to and our local barbers and they didn`t even know there was a Rugby world cup or we were in the final !!!

I blame Jonny Wilkinson, he’s been banging on about how dangerous SA can be and unfortunately it’s not had the effect he intended!

Trounced more than I thought likely but difficult to win a World Cup by beating Australia then NZ then RSA.

I think it all depends if SA manage to drag England into an arm-wrestle. If they do then SA will win. England have to impose their goal plan early doors and not let the Bok pack dictate the game. I think it will be tight, though.

On the nail there sir. BOks better team on the day. Like others, I am happy for RSA and what it means, whilst being sad at the end of the dream for England. Beating the other southern teams on the way was still a great achievement. Theirs is no disgrace. I am sad for all their families and supporters and the hard work put in, only to be thwarted at the last hurdle. BOks did their homework indeed.

Sorry Scotland went home early, and also Wales who hoped for so much more.

Big hats off to host nation. Japan have been brilliant by all accounts.

Been a great tournament.

Bring on 6NAtions.

Congrats to boks, well deserved.

I love SA and have spent a lot of time there over the last 20 years. Gutted for England but the people of SA deserve a lift in spirits.

Best team by a country mile won. Well done the Springboks. They out thought/fought England. Perhaps the NZ game took it out of England mentally. SA were worthy winners. Well done though to England for a wonderful journey and that immense game against NZ last Saturday.

Japan. Fantastic hosts.

Four more years to the next World Cup, and counting...

The early loss of Sinckler was a factor as Cole is an old-style, slow prop and not fit enough: that enabled the SA pack dominance that led to all those penalty points.
The change in the England side from beating NZ was quite shocking but SA were obviously better.
Record 3rd win for them and record 3rd loss for us...

I hear that Cole is a better scrummage than Sinkler, so perhaps it might have been even worse if he hadn't had to go off.

advertisement

Back