advertisement

Rugby World Cup

First half defeat...NOT one of the great occasions in Scottish Rugby. Japan however look flipping good. Japan vs SA should be attritional. The Springboks will need all the considerable brutal stopping power which they have to use to pull that off. Looking forward to next weekend.

A great game! Japan certainly deserved to win.

Wales didn't look that hot, but can hopefully put the French down without too much trouble, so likely a Wales + All Blacks final?

NOT one of the great occasions in Scottish Rugby.
Struggling to remember many... ;)

Wales didn't look that hot, but can hopefully put the French down without too much trouble, so likely a Wales + All Blacks final?

Ok you're Welsh aren't you? :)
As a cockney living in Scotland but also in Wales for 7 years I have a strange set of affiliations.
But Wales are NOT going to be in the final :p

I'm half English, half Welsh, and half Australian (at least I have an Aussie passport..), so can't fail but to be supporting the winning side ;-)

But my money (had I had a wager...) would be on Wales in the final.

We shall see - it's shaping up to be a fun three weeks now!

doctorf - very green!! Enjoy it!

Really enjoyed the Japan v Scotland game, a well deserved win by the home nation.

I think you are being too kind to Wales. That Welsh performance was little more than a comedy of errors. Not to take anything away from Uruguay who's defence was very good, but even a Welsh second string side should have performed better than that! It did prove one thing I've thought for a while...despite opposite claims, Wales still lack strength in depth big time. Naming Leigh Halfpenny as man of the match pretty much sums things up. In my opinion he doesn't seem to be the player he once was being very predictable and seemingly not knowing how to pass the ball. In his favour, his defensive positional play is still pretty good. I thought the number 8 Wainwright was more deserving.

I'll take England over Wales to play the All Blacks in the final, and I'm 100% Welsh!:)

ell whichever way round, I think this competitions rugby has been superb so far and I'm so very glad to see an overall swing towards a faster, safer game. I know 'we' last won with a good deal of 'stuff it up your shirt and don't let go', but Japan proved that speed, supreme fitness and relentless attack are also key and so much better to watch. I think the 2nd half of Scotland Japan was a real shining example of all thats great about the modern game.

But I don't see any Kiwi in your ancestry. ;)

Not in the ancestry (as far as I know!), but the Aussie passport does mean I can go and live there anytime on a permanent basis.....might just try that depending on what happens here in the next couple of years...but I digress.

MAYBE Japan could be there....watching the highlights again, they were playing a very fluid, fast flowing game, particularly the offloading in the tackles - the ball hardly died at all when it was in their hands.

But still think Wales..they are saying all injury concerns over today, full squad available.

I think they could too. Anyway...some great games lining up.
On Scotland, and not really as an excuse but Scotland is a football nation. It's also tiny with a minute population and only two clubs playing 'serious rugby', Glasgow and Edinburgh. Put all that together and they done good. Not good enough, but how many world class players can that Nation expect. Scotland and NZ are both about 5 million, but every male born in NZ dreams of playing from birth, and they also have access to Fiji, Tonga, etc . In context, how often do The Lions win on their NZ tours? Now imagine the combined forces of Fiji, Tonga, Samoa and NZ touring Scotland.

So the quarter-finals are Wales vs France, Ireland vs New Zealand, England vs Australia and South Africa vs Japan.

I'll go for...
Wales win
New Zealand win
England win
Japan to pull off a shock and win

So the quarter-finals are Wales vs France, Ireland vs New Zealand, England vs Australia and South Africa vs Japan.

I'll go for...
Wales win
New Zealand win
England win
Japan to pull off a shock and win

if your prediction comes off I’ll raise a glass of Whisky from each country. Providing I can find a bottle from New Zealand in time!

I'm with this ^. Scotland have been leaking points like a sieve. SA don't and won't. It'll be close I think because Japan won't quit until the 81st minute, but SA, just.

advertisement

Back