advertisement

Rega 50th anniversary: what’s next?

No other Rega experience, just the various speakers I mentioned. I’m not so sure about the Rega cages as mine doesn’t have any but it does have the holes so they were probably removable. @pauldarwin will know of course when he catches up with these posts.

RingoRango, speakers are a continual developmental work in progress and I could not say for sure any projected launch date.

The grilles are held in by magnets and are removable if you are very careful so as not to damage the high gloss cabinet.

If Rega are focusing more on the rest of the turntable and electronics range rather than speakers, it would be nice to know and I can hang on to the existing ones I have!

As written you have several pairs, I'd stick to them, love RS7 myself, never heard Naos.
I'd not expect new upcoming Rega floor standers would be cheap at all, let me guess new Ela 1.5-2K ?
BTW for smaller rooms the Kytes are really good, just maybe there should be a frontgrill option, not that I care but women and kids...you know.

Probably just to keep the fill in place if things are tipped upside down etc. in transit? cool to see this pic though!

I hope the Rega team are aware that the old Naos was one of their finest creations ever!

I powered a pair of Naos with an 8Watt SET integrated amplifier back in the day, however I think the Naos were bettered by the earlier Xel's which I ran briefly before the Naos. The Xel's took Ela performance to another level (like moving from Exact to Apheta), new Kytes are good too imho. Interesting insight from Paul D regarding speakers, maybe the Ela will be reborn. Nice set up Paul L.

A friend told me about the 50th Anniversary Rega Planar 3.

So you're effectively getting a Neo for twenty quid? That's pretty good. I'd rather have it without the tacky wood effect and badge though. I don't think either of them do anything positive for the looks.

I didn't at first like the somewhat tacky appearance either on the fakery walnut plood. But it has kind of grown on me just taking a look at it every now and then, so much so, I have thought about possibly buying the Anni version to use with my Nait XS3 and ND5XS2 streamer and Guru Juniors. Might be rather nice....

:) We always had a name for that plastic wood look, plood. It kind of stuck. Or maybe it didn't....

Thought it was a typo ;0)

I don't care if it's on a turntable or a coffee table, fake wood looks cheap. On a low rent product like Crosley fair enough but the P3 should be above that in My opinion.

I didn't at first like the somewhat tacky appearance either on the fakery walnut plood. But it has kind of grown on me just taking a look at it every now and then, so much so, I have thought about possibly buying the Anni version to use with my Nait XS3 and ND5XS2 streamer and Guru Juniors. Might be rather nice....

A great system Tim, how about a P6 instead ofnP3 Anni? Not that far away money wise and no plood. Just a thought!

A great system Tim, how about a P6 instead ofnP3 Anni? Not that far away money wise and no plood. Just a thought!
Hey Badger! I have thought about this very thing off and on over the last couple of months! A move has prompted a lot of thoughts about where my two systems might end up, hence the thought of the Rega TT to begin with.

I initially was just thinking a Planar 3, as vinyl is not my primary source by a long shot these days, and it would be plenty good enough. I guess I really did not want to stretch to the Planar 6-even though it certainly is a better table.

The Anni edition though, just might be the perfect in-between though, and the walnut plinth matches my Guru Junior speakers. Oh how vain of me to say that! Who knows, more thought on it for sure!

I like the look of the P3 Anni myself so I went out & bought one. Excellent deck & much more attractive than the grey P6 to my eyes. The VFM argument is difficult to ignore as well.
Like TimF vinyl is not my primary source so the P3 suits my needs perfectly. Doesn’t stop me lusting after a Thorens TD124 or 125 though!

TS

advertisement

Back