advertisement

Rega 50th anniversary: what’s next?

Just watched the film and thought it was really enjoyable
Superbly shot and loved the story from Roy about his first turnatable build with the concrete and how it made it hum more ...sowing the seeds for light and rigid in the future .

Little things made me smile .Terry Bateman wearing a Hawkwind - In Searcn Of Space t-shirt I thought was great

And the pool tables in their staff eating area

Thanks so much for posting the link Blue Yeti

Was very intrigued with the white transmission line sea shell type speakers though!
Me too, I thought I was looking at BMR, tweeter and bass units similar to my RS10 but perhaps I’m wrong.

I enjoyed the video too, I have a spot spot for Nottingham Analogue and SME having owned both but every time I put on my RP10 I can’t honestly say it is inferior, I seem to hear more from my vinyl than I used to. The video reinforces that they put a lot into the RP10 even if they have surpassed it and I suspect I will simply change a cartridge when the Apheta 2 starts to sounds worn.

Me too, I thought I was looking at BMR, tweeter and bass units similar to my RS10 but perhaps I’m wrong.

It certainly looked like BMR, hopefully these splendid units are still in production, since on Rega testbench.
Maybe a upcoming RS10 successor to match the rumored Osiris pre/power?

Cheshire Audio on YouTube saying the Naia has gone into production and their Rega rep bringing one to their store late September. Not long to wait now!

It would be nice to see a standalone DAC back in the range. Now that the Elex and Elicit have DACs built in (possibly new Brio as well) there might not be the same demand as there once was, but for Aethos and Osiris (and whatever is on the way to replace Osiris) then something to complement those ranges would be good. It could even be something along the lines of the Isis DAC/output stage, with the option of SS or Valve variants.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/860207935?badge=0&autopause=0&player_id=0&app_id=58479

Really pleased to be able to watch on my Mac (and be able to stop and start at will) while listening through Momentums.

Kytes awaiting drive units, the new moving magnet cartridge design and the three belt drive system of the Naia, all highlights imo.

On a personal level I was pleased to learn from Rega and my local dealer today that my Apheta can be sent in for a second rebuild if necessary (am having some channel imbalance issues which could be the cart).

advertisement

Back