advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

We watched The Deepest Breath last night. Definitely edge of your seat stuff at times. Currently showing on Netflix.

Mick

Yes.
It is a good music documentary, and George and Andrew were not a pretty boy front for some pig-ugly writers behind the scenes. We really enjoyed it - very pleased we got to see George Michael a few times before he died. Very talented, and fantastically handsome.
Surprising how much of the lyrics to Wham! Rap that I know.., :)
We saw the producer - John Battsek - being interviewed by Mark Kermode last week. He’s also the producer of The Deepest Breath, also currently on Netflix, and well worth watching.

We saw Natural Born Killers (1994) again today.
I haven’t seen it for 25 ish years, but have seen it 6 or 7 times.

directed by Oliver Stone, written by Quentin Tarantino, it didn’t seem dated at all.
Still graphic violence, a varied soundtrack and chock full of names.

We had forgot about the animation clips, which add to the mayhem.
10/10 rough.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/

We seem to have been watching 'Queen Of The South' for months. It's absolute nonsense but seems to have caught Mrs BB's imagination. Main protagonists are often surrounded by men with machine guns whilst only being armed with a butter knife and a badmington racquet, yet they survive everytime whilst leaving a trail of bodies behind them that nobody seems to investigate.

There's a character in the show called Pote, I've taken to speaking like him around the house!

Cheers BB

We seem to have been watching 'Queen Of The South' for months. It's absolute nonsense but seems to have caught Mrs BB's imagination. Main protagonists are often surrounded by men with machine guns whilst only being armed with a butter knife and a badmington racquet, yet they survive everytime whilst leaving a trail of bodies behind them that nobody seems to investigate.

There's a character in the show called Pote, I've taken to speaking like him around the house!

Cheers BB
Yes, it's terrible but watchable.

I recently watched 'Quarterback' on Netflix, a real eye-opener. The money the players earn is unbelievable but they still came across as genuine & down to earth. Sometimes you just have to concede that some people are exceptional & they earn what they are worth.

Apologies if its already been mentioned, but Riders of Justice on Netflix is superb. It looks like it's going to be a standard 'law abiding man becomes badass and takes on gang of baddies to protect his family' type thing, but it totally subverts expectations and turns into something much more moving and frequently, horribly funny.

Started watching The Bear last night and after 3 episodes it looks like it's going to be really good. Getting past the first episode might be an effort but worth it.

The 2nd series of The Bear is all over the place, some good episodes but suffers from some very mannered performances. It’s all very method.

We just watched Hijack on Apple TV

Plane hijack thriller Staring Idris Elba.

Daft, completely bonkers, but at same time entertaining and suspenseful.

Oh and Idris has a funky pad with racks of vinyl, valve amps, JBL speakers? Didn't recognise the TT but it definitely had an Ortofon 2m blue on it.

The Old Man, on Disney+. very good. We both like the plot and dialogue, even though it can be a little far fetched at times.

advertisement

Back