advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

"She said" on Prime - about the NYT investigation of Harvey Weinstein - is excellent. What a creep - I'm glad he's been locked up.

Just watched ’Misery’ again (first time this century) with eldest granddaughter.

What a film! G-Kid jumped out of her skin a few times, The Wife and I spent half the film in anticipation of the nobbling scene, which shows very little - but the implication is enough.

If you haven’t seen it - Caan and Bates run the show, avoid any spoilers.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100157/

I notice that a new Korean series Agency has just arrived on Netflix. I know nothing about it, but anything with Lee Bo-young in it is usually worth a look.

Blood and Gold on Netflix, basically a spaghetti western but set at the end of WW2-loved it.
Triangle of Misery on Prime-superb wry observation on class and wealth.

Having purchased the DVD box set many years ago, I've only just got around to binge watching the 'Band of Brothers' series - what a great piece of film, can't believe its over 20 years old now.

Maybe late to the party but quite enjoyed Poker Face on Sky / Now TV. Such a clever throwback to those old whodunnit 70's Columbo type things.

Stumbled across this on Netflix. Light hearted look at the making of some blockbuster movies full of amazing insights.

R4w3l6t.jpeg

I watched the Korean sub titled version with my wife (who sleeps through just about any film she watches) we were both entranced. Superb acting and story we both loved it. I am still deeply besotted by the lead actor stunning beauty and elegance.
Finally got to the end of The Glory - really rather good, with lots of interesting twists and turns. The leading lady and her wonderfully bitchy protagonist won prizes at the Korean TV awards ceremony - see 9.30 and 12.30 here:

Having purchased the DVD box set many years ago, I've only just got around to binge watching the 'Band of Brothers' series - what a great piece of film, can't believe its over 20 years old now.
One of the finest half dozen tv series ever. Great theme tune, still makes me well up.

I'm percevering with Silo and From... Both are tedious with repetitive scenes, but I need a conclusion to close off the brain files I've opened.

Covenant was very well made the two leads were excellent...an exciting watch.

Enjoyed The Last of Us... There was a good song too in the last episode I think.

It's because the character originally comes from a US advertising campaign the TV channel NBC ran to promote it's coverage of the Premiership football in the US. You can still see the original NBC promo from about 10 years ago here:

Just finished this series in the early hours this morning, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hannah Waddingham did help though:D

Watching "Deadloch" on Amazon an Australian (set in Tasmania) comedy murder mystery It has some laugh out loud moments and has copious amounts of swearing and liberal use of the 'C' word and that's just from the lead female detective. A bit of Twin Peaks were everyone is both a suspect and a little weird.

advertisement

Back