advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

I’ve just finished watching the 30 episode long ‘Three Body’ which is available on YouTube (I have a premium sub as the adverts were destroying my will to live). It’s a bit of a ‘slow burn’ in places but it’s utterly fascinating. It’s difficult to explain the plot without giving away spoilers but what starts as a bit of a whodunnit (as scientists around the world start committing suicide proclaiming ‘physics no longer exists’) escalates into something quite epic.

I went into the series with an awareness of the book and it’s ‘hard sci-fi’ leanings, but found it compelling enough to binge and complete within a couple of weeks.

Note: it’s in Mandarin (with subtitles) and, due to copyright infringement, there are a few jarring moments when they’ve had to replace the old (infringing) soundtrack with something else (and completely out of place). Also, there’s an entirely different adaptation coming to Netflix in early 2024 (I think they’re going to somehow squeeze this into 8 or 10 episodes). The show runners for the Netflix version were responsible for Game of Thrones….

Anyone watching 'Bodies' which recently dropped on Netflix?
I'm a big fan of Stephen Graham and watched the first couple of episodes last night.
Not quite sure what to make of it at the moment but looks promising.

As someone who has been deeply immersed in the Apache world for nearly 15 years, this offering on Amazon astonished me. No sugar-coating, no sickening yee-haw rubbish at all.

Suburra Eterna -Netflix

Trouble is a-brewing in Ostia.

The foot soldiers are getting rebellious and loyalties are going to be tested.

OMG ! There are bodies everywhere!

Now Spadino HAS to return to the family, but will he be drawn into a turf war with the other families?

YES I think he will but whose side will he take??????

Anyone watching 'Bodies' which recently dropped on Netflix?
I'm a big fan of Stephen Graham and watched the first couple of episodes last night.
Not quite sure what to make of it at the moment but looks promising.
I recently finished the series. Pretty decent on the whole.

This 80’s/90’s classic of social commentary is buried away on the iPlayer, just binged 3 episodes tonight. Quite a bit of period hi fi as well!

Dietrich Bonhoffer was an incredible pastor in Germany who resisted the Nazi`s . watched the film Agent of grace on amazon. very moving

Just started watching American Horror Story and now six episodes in. Thankfully the Sarah Paulson character has appeared so I’m expecting more intensity, so far ok!

Afterglow on iPlayer. Woman gets cervical cancer diagnosis but insists her birthday party must go on, luckily she lives in Norway. All her friends relationships disintegrate. Brilliant bit of telly.

advertisement

Back