advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime III

Be interested in how you feel that compares with the first two.
I'm four episodes into Series 3 and finding it a real struggle - I can't see me watching the rest of it.
Tempted to move on to Series 4 in the hope that it'll be a return to the quality of the first two series.

I'm four episodes into Series 3 and finding it a real struggle - I can't see me watching the rest of it.
Tempted to move on to Series 4 in the hope that it'll be a return to the quality of the first two series.

Yes that's where I got to. Three was a serious shark jump so I'm wondering about series four.

Banshee. The opening 10 minutes of Wild at Heart, followed by lashings of gratuitous nudity, repeat. The televisual equivalent of Grand Theft Auto. But gorier. Knowing pulpy exploitation and very entertaining.

Quite enjoyed Series 4 of 'The Sinner' - a return to form albeit not as good as 1 & especially 2.

We watched the Wham! documentary last night, and very good it was too. I’m in no way a fan, but my wife, who’s a fair bit younger than I am, is, partly for nostalgic reasons.
The best documentaries pull you in even if you have no interest in the subject matter, and this certainly does that. A touching, entertaining story of two childhood friends. Ridgeley comes across very well and it’s clear he was a huge driving force behind the group, despite what all the jokes would have you believe!

Mick

This is pretty mind blowing:
https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix/81473682

by46zfZ.jpeg

Watched "My Octopus Teacher" again last night with some friends. Informative, stunning and filmed off my country. Absolutely brilliant.

Piling through Better call Saul again, better second time round, I’m making more links, understanding the storyline better.

The character building is brilliant, also how the writers make you like really bad people :).

We watched the Wham! documentary last night, and very good it was too. I’m in no way a fan, but my wife, who’s a fair bit younger than I am, is, partly for nostalgic reasons.
The best documentaries pull you in even if you have no interest in the subject matter, and this certainly does that. A touching, entertaining story of two childhood friends. Ridgeley comes across very well and it’s clear he was a huge driving force behind the group, despite what all the jokes would have you believe!

Mick

Yes.
It is a good music documentary, and George and Andrew were not a pretty boy front for some pig-ugly writers behind the scenes. We really enjoyed it - very pleased we got to see George Michael a few times before he died. Very talented, and fantastically handsome.
Surprising how much of the lyrics to Wham! Rap that I know.., :)

advertisement

Back