Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

1. MarkW

MarkW Full Speed & Pagan

John Was Trying to Contact Aliens - on Netflix now. Touching.

2. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Season 2 of the UA was great.

Agree with all those.

Don’t forget Jessica Jones. Brilliant series.

Stephen

3. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Yeah I was lumping JJ in with DD universe along with Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher and the biggy Defenders. Seasons 1 and 3 of DD were excellent.

4. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I struggle to keep up with all the offerings from Netflix as I never watch for more than a couple of hours an evening.
    Finally coming to the end of 'Breaking Bad' (which if I'm honest is dragging a bit now).
    Thinking of moving on to 'Better Call Saul' next.

5. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Don't forget the movie before that.

6. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

What movie?

7. chartz

chartz pfm Member

El Camino

And if you like Aaron Paul, there is Westworld on Prime.

webster likes this.
  8. jagdesign

jagdesign pfm Member

I wouldn’t bother with the film. Should’ve left it at the series, which was obviously great.

9. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Yeah, the film is a disappointment after the series.

Jack

10. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Better Call Saul it is then.

jackbarron likes this.
  11. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard pfm Member

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying The Fall on Netflix :)

tonerei likes this.
  12. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

Just re watched Mindhunter on Netflix very good FBI series about the beginnings of the behavioral science unit. The main characters getting to interview serial killers or sequence killers as they were first known . Some great acting portraying serial killers such as ed kemper , wayne williams and charles manson. Slow burn and character driven. Has the rather splendid Anna Torv in it too which is a bonus.

Wolfmancatsup and Woodface like this.
  13. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Looks unlikely series 3 will happen at least not soon, Fincher is working on other stuff apparently. Thought it was one of the best shows on Netflix. The actors playing the killers do a brilliant job.

14. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

If you enjoyed Narcos and all the other Cartel inspired series on Netflix PLEASE watch

“Operation Odessa” movie also on Netflix.

An insight into the people and the deals going down with a wonderful storyline.

jtrade likes this.
  15. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

16. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yes, one of the best shows on Netflix. I expected a procedural dram about solving serial killer cases, but got something much richer, and more interesting. Sorry to hear season 3 is some way off.

17. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Watched the Peanut Butter Falcon last night, the story of a guy with Downs in the Deep South who wants to become a wrestler Funny, touching and warm-hearted, it stays with you.

windhoek and Suffolk Tony like this.
  18. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

I really enjoyed Roadies on Prime. I can’t believe they only made one series.

19. Fatmarley

Fatmarley Agnostic

It's interesting to note that the actor who played Ed Kemper isn't exactly small at 6ft4, but the real Ed Kemper is much taller, at a huge 6ft9!

20. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

I finally got round to watching La La Land on Netflix.

If you like forties and fifties musicals, I’m sure you like it. It’s charming and the music jazzy and pretty old fashioned which is not what I was expecting. The leads are great.

I’ve also been watching Safe. It’s the kind of thriller ITV are good at, entertaining, preposterous and with a good mix of upcoming and second-tier British acting talent.

Stephen

Kirk likes this.