advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the first episode of The Umbrella Academy (season 1).

Quirky, well written and rather good, I think. Less frantic and formulaic than the usual Netflix Original series too.

Does it maintain the quality?

I enjoyed Season 1 a lot I'd say they maintained things all the way through, not started Season 2, yet saving it for a rainy weekend.

Similar shows:

Prime - The Boys (S2 due Sept 4th), Netflix - Titans 1 & 2 and STARZ - Dawn Patrol 1 & 2​

Plus the whole bunch of Daredevil universe shows

Season 2 of the UA was great.

Agree with all those.

Don’t forget Jessica Jones. Brilliant series.

Stephen

I struggle to keep up with all the offerings from Netflix as I never watch for more than a couple of hours an evening.
Finally coming to the end of 'Breaking Bad' (which if I'm honest is dragging a bit now).
Thinking of moving on to 'Better Call Saul' next.

Just re watched Mindhunter on Netflix very good FBI series about the beginnings of the behavioral science unit. The main characters getting to interview serial killers or sequence killers as they were first known . Some great acting portraying serial killers such as ed kemper , wayne williams and charles manson. Slow burn and character driven. Has the rather splendid Anna Torv in it too which is a bonus.

Looks unlikely series 3 will happen at least not soon, Fincher is working on other stuff apparently. Thought it was one of the best shows on Netflix. The actors playing the killers do a brilliant job.

If you enjoyed Narcos and all the other Cartel inspired series on Netflix PLEASE watch

“Operation Odessa” movie also on Netflix.

An insight into the people and the deals going down with a wonderful storyline.

Just re watched Mindhunter on Netflix very good FBI series about the beginnings of the behavioral science unit. The main characters getting to interview serial killers or sequence killers as they were first known . Some great acting portraying serial killers such as ed kemper , wayne williams and charles manson. Slow burn and character driven. Has the rather splendid Anna Torv in it too which is a bonus.
Yes, one of the best shows on Netflix. I expected a procedural dram about solving serial killer cases, but got something much richer, and more interesting. Sorry to hear season 3 is some way off.

Watched the Peanut Butter Falcon last night, the story of a guy with Downs in the Deep South who wants to become a wrestler Funny, touching and warm-hearted, it stays with you.

I finally got round to watching La La Land on Netflix.

If you like forties and fifties musicals, I’m sure you like it. It’s charming and the music jazzy and pretty old fashioned which is not what I was expecting. The leads are great.

I’ve also been watching Safe. It’s the kind of thriller ITV are good at, entertaining, preposterous and with a good mix of upcoming and second-tier British acting talent.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back