Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Just watched Legend, the story of the Kray twins, Tom Hardy was immense.

tiggers and AndyU like this.
  2. Fatmarley

Fatmarley "It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"

We just finished the first season of The Sinner on Netflix. I quite like detective shows, and stuff that keeps you guessing, so it's a thumbs up from me.

3. Darren L

Darren L pfm Member

The Mule , Clint Eastwood at his finest, Director, Producer and lead role 10/10

4. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

Bad Sport has some funny episodes. Enjoying this one tonight

[​IMG]

5. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

'Next' on Disney+. Insidious and terrifying. Occasional sardonic wit from John Slattery's Paul LeBlanc.

I now believe if it's possible at all to create Artificial General Intelligence, then we're screwed, the end!

6. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

We watched Shadow In The Cloud, on Amazon Prime, last night. My word, it was absolutely, abysmally, dreadful! But we continued to watch it out of a sort of horrid fascination. Risible script, appalling acting, it’s difficult to grasp the fact that a group of people actually sat down and agreed the making of this “film”. Truly atrocious. We did wonder if it was some sort of spoof, and it certainly gave us a few laughs. Worth watching, if only to make all else look like Citizen Kane.

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  7. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

8. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread:

Just watched Dune at the iMax Odeon Mansfield. Good film. Best thing tho was the refit of screen 1 with iMax incl sound. Very impressive. Cineworld Nottm has been relegated!

Big Tabs likes this.
  9. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

A couple or three recommendations

India's daughter on Amazon Prime Documentary on the rape case in Delhi a few years back. Really good if somewhat saddening and some shocking attitudes towards women. Highly recommended
    Delhi Crime Drama series based on the case above . Great acting good dubbing a very interesting perspective
    My Name carrying on from Squid game this is a south Korean cop thriller well acted and a good few twists Lots of action fight scenes too.

10. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Just watched the first season of ‘What we do in the shadows’ on BBC IPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00062k3, a mockumentary about vampires living in Staten Island, didn’t think I’d like it, but really did, very witty throughout.

Jezzer and Wolfmancatsup like this.
  11. Jezzer

Jezzer Passionate

It’s great! The film is worth a watch too.

PhilofCas likes this.
  12. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Yeah, the film is good for sure, better than the TV series imo.

13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Watched the remake of the Italian job ...9/10 on Amazon

14. billo

billo pfm Member

Hurry up with the next series as season 3 starts on BBC tonight
    Also his "Wellington Paranormal" on Sky Comedy is worth catching.

PhilofCas and Woodface like this.
  15. Fatmarley

Fatmarley "It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"

Watched Falling Down on Netflix last night. Not sure how I missed this old film. Found myself laughing quite a bit, but don't know if I should have been.

16. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

I had quite the opposite reaction. I thought the TV series was much better than the film.

Woodface likes this.
  17. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Fair dos, at least we both enjoyed it one way or another

18. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Thanks Billo, started series 2 last night, hilarious in places, will fly through them as they're pretty short.
    (will look into Wellington, ta).

19. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Swagger, on Apple +. If you liked Friday Night lights, you'll like this. I've watched the 1st three episodes.

Continuing to Follw The morning Show, and now also Invasion - also on Apple +.

20. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Narcos season 3 now on Netflix.

Amber Audio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.