advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovecraft Country.....I wasn't expecting much but two episodes in and I'm wishing I could binge it.....HBO so its dripped out weekly. I never though anyone could do Lovecraft Justice but this is a damn good attempt so far.
I thought the second ep didn't flow as well as the first, but I'll stick with it. The book's good - and the rest of the book is like a series of novellas, so maybe they'll do one complete story a week.

Mick

For anyone who liked Umbrella Academy or in fact any brilliant British comedy series - Misfits. The first three series including Robert Sheehan are excellent, but the rest is pretty good too. It’s a less organised UA but with young offenders on community service receiving the super powers. It’s sweary, very very funny and utterly brilliant.

Aggretsuko season 3 is off to a good start

y2285tld

John Was Trying to Contact Aliens - Netflix. Doc about a guy spending his life as a DJ to any ETs on his wavelength. His quest works on two levels and the outcome is truly heartwarming. Only lasts 30 mins, but really memorable.

For anyone who liked Umbrella Academy or in fact any brilliant British comedy series - Misfits. The first three series including Robert Sheehan are excellent, but the rest is pretty good too. It’s a less organised UA but with young offenders on community service receiving the super powers. It’s sweary, very very funny and utterly brilliant.

in the same (sort if) vein is Utopia if you can find it on More 4.

Visually stunning, though pretty violent in parts.

Stephen

I have been watching The Bureau on Prime, 3 episodes into season2 , was away for 2 days, tuned in last night and hey presto, they now want me to pay £4.99 for the season !!!! WTF, is this how it going to go now, they hook you in and then start to charge ? This happening to anyone else ? I refuse to pay a ransom on top of the annual charge.

I have been watching The Bureau on Prime, 3 episodes into season2 , was away for 2 days, tuned in last night and hey presto, they now want me to pay £4.99 for the season !!!! WTF, is this how it going to go now, they hook you in and then start to charge ? This happening to anyone else ? I refuse to pay a ransom on top of the annual charge.

That's annoying as the 2nd series is as good as the first. I'm waiting for Amazon to drop the charges on the later series :rolleyes:

That's annoying as the 2nd series is as good as the first. I'm waiting for Amazon to drop the charges on the later series :rolleyes:
I was 2 episodes in on series two as well when it went from included with Prime to £4.99 overnight, was thinking about leaving it but then figured it was the price of a pint. Glad I continued as it was well worth it. Now trying to work out if I can do the next within the 7 day trial for the Sundance channel.

Just watching the news about Chadwick Boseman (far too young, poor fellow) and ‘Da 5 Bloods’ has piqued my interest, looks right up my street, will try and watch this weekend.

This film starts off okay but soon gets ridiculous, I quick about halfway through when the lunacy just got too much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back