advertisement

Raven One part II

first offer of the Raven 0.5:

http://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/item.php?id=9413272833&

it also got a very good test in german "image hifi" by dirk sommer (brinkmann la grange owner)
price (as you can see) is 2.500 EUR w/o arm. it takes 9"arms only...

regards
+christian

That's literally half of Raven 1 in terms of platter and base height. '0.5' is quite the appropriate model name. Looks squashed. What's the motor controller like?

The motor controller is located inside the Raven.5 next to the motor. Speed changing (33/45) is made by moving the belt up or down on a 2 tier pulley. The Raven.5 is very basic compared to the Raven-one and the Raven AC, but it is designed to offer excellent sound for the price.

Anyone who have had the chance to hear the TW-Acustic Raven 10.5 tonearm soon to be sent to the hi-fi market?? Roumours says that Thomas himself thinks this is the best match so far for any of the Raven turntables. I was in the process of ordering a Graham Phantom II for my Raven1, but I have postponed my final decission until I know more about this new candidate for my black bird....

So Thomas, the designer of the arm, thinks it is a better match for his turntables than any other arm....hardly a shock revelation.

So Thomas, the designer of the arm, thinks it is a better match for his turntables than any other arm.

And not just his turntables either.

Rumours are it is said to be even better than another certain German gentleman's highly unobtainable tonearm...... ;)

I'll bet that the German manufacturer hinted at doesn't agree.

Yes, I am sure you are right but TW has a slight advantage in that he has both arms, and I have found over the years TW doesn't like coming second.

Yes, I am sure you are right but TW has a slight advantage in that he has both arms, and I have found over the years TW doesn't like coming second.

Good to see that in tonearms at least there are absolutes and opinion doesn't come into it.

cheers
Jason

Rumours are it will be slightly less than a Graham Phantom.

Price in Germany will be "starting at 3,400 €". On-the-fly VTA adjustment will be an additional 500 €. Certainly less than the Graham costs in Germany. Let's see how that translates to pricing in other countries. Graham pricing in Britain has been lower than in Germany, for example, so the new TW arm may end up costing more than the Graham in Britain.

Thomas is very confident about the sound, as seem a number of dealers and customers who have ordered arms sound unheard.

Where are the pictures?
All I can see on the TW web page are parts as they are being produced.
As the complete arm is only shown as a computer model perhaps a omplete one does not exist yet.

the arm exists and i have seen the pictures - thomas is usually too busy doing superb work to update his site...
i look for a link in the german aaa-forum later.

regards
+christian

advertisement

Back