advertisement

Raven One part II

Sounds like some feathers are being ruffled here; often the case with such a black art.

Now was it Rave-en or Rave-on?

Barry, I've heard enough £10k vinyl front ends to know the differences between them are ones of taste and not superiority. (Discounting those overpriced fruitboxes which can barely hold a steady note.)

The point i was making was that I have a Raven One and it's a stunning deck. I also know graham tricker well enough to say he has integrity.

sure, so what was your point?

A comment about a dealer you don't know who sells a deck you haven't heard?

Well, i'll repeat them both for you as you seem to be struggling somewhat with comprehension.

"If you can't believe what the distributor says about his product being the best who can you believe?"

My second point was positively opaque compared to the above, but here we go again.

"Could you point me to the dictionary where integrity is described as 'spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt about sourcing goods via less expensive channels, damning competing brands and always taking every opportunity to talk up your own lines'."

Would you like me to break them down into more simple phrases and concepts for your digestion or will that be enough?

+1 - I was very impressed with the Raven needledrops grivois posted.

cheers
Jason

I personally would like to hear more, perhaps of some music that's already been posted so as to give some kind of reference.

How about some music from your deck SQ?

I personally would like to hear more, perhaps of some music that's already been posted so as to give some kind of reference.

How about some music from your deck SQ?

if I had a decent A-to-D I would for sure, but I don't.

Like I said, if I had a decent A/D then I would but when i've tried the background noise from the laptop is simply bloody awful, it's a pointless exercise.

TBH, my opinion is that it is a pointless exercise full stop. It will not be a reliable tool for comparisons, but different kit will sound different, no question.
I have had this conversation with Have Fun before :).

TBH, my opinion is that it is a pointless exercise full stop. It will not be a reliable tool for comparisons, but different kit will sound different, no question.
I have had this conversation with Have Fun before :).

Listen to the files on the cartridge bake-off thread, I'd be curious what you thought.

advertisement

Back