advertisement

Question Time

I haven't managed to watch QT for ages. Any Questions is sometimes less bad, though in my house it's called 'Shout At The Radio' and it's usually just a matter of time until I have to turn it off.

Having been to a couple of Any Questions recordings and once to QT, they didn't vet for party activists or the like at the time. And with the exception of one of the AQ episodes, they were quite good debates. Monbiot and Kelvin MacKenzie together on one AQ was a good recipe, and Clare Short was great on QT.

I do like Nish Kumar though. His Spotlight Tonight series was good, I thought. So might iPlayer last night's QT and check out the highlights.

Excellent prog so far, which, irrespective of its historical interest, should be compulsory viewing for a few here who persist with their 'Oh so clever' slagging off of Liverpool and Merseyside at every opportunity.

When he's done up there, could you send him down to Brum?

I haven't managed to watch QT for ages. Any Questions is sometimes less bad, though in my house it's called 'Shout At The Radio' and it's usually just a matter of time until I have to turn it off.

Having been to a couple of Any Questions recordings and once to QT, they didn't vet for party activists or the like at the time. And with the exception of one of the AQ episodes, they were quite good debates. Monbiot and Kelvin MacKenzie together on one AQ was a good recipe, and Clare Short was great on QT.

I do like Nish Kumar though. His Spotlight Tonight series was good, I thought. So might iPlayer last night's QT and check out the highlights.

When he's done up there, could you send him down to Brum?

It's worse than that. About a year ago, the "audience manager" was caught advertising on far-right (EDL etc) Facebook groups for audience members. The same person also shared EDL posts more than once. She got a slapped wrist and her Facebook account disappeared but she wasn't sacked. For all we know she could still be in post today.

Probably explains the regular appearance of intellectually challenged , white middle aged finger jabbers in the studio audiences and UKIP no hopers on the panel.

Maybe you were caught on camera Tony, floppy fringe.. mullet.....relax t-shirt........ jumpers for goalposts...aghhh

Ha! Not me, I was a new-wave/indie kid; leather jacket, suitably obscure/black t-shirt, black 501s, black or cherry DMs and a #1 cut!

Ha! Not me, I was a new-wave/indie kid; leather jacket, suitably obscure/black t-shirt, black 501s, black or cherry DMs and a #1 cut!

Can you spot yourself in any of these photos?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42637758

A photographer's collection of images taken during his daily commute on Liverpool's Mersey Ferry has gone on display.

Tom Wood said the project, which he started in 1978 to pass the time, started out "accidentally".

But he ended up shooting thousands of rolls of film, capturing the characters and fashions of the day.

He amassed almost 25 years' worth of images, stopping in 2002.

The Pier Head - Tom Wood is at Liverpool's Open Eye Gallery until 25 March.

No, though I like Tom Wood’s work. I have always avoided the front side of both cameras and microphones like the plague.

See how fast Dimbleby shut down discussion of the despotic Saudi Arabian terror-regime tonight?

He was well briefed..

See how fast Dimbleby shut down discussion of the despotic Saudi Arabian terror-regime tonight?

He was well briefed..
Oh look who’s with thedespoticterror-regime

34et8vt.jpg

A very tedious panel last night. At least when they trott out the usual nutters it is a bit more entertaining. I would like a panel of Stark, Farage, Self, Bitchen, Rees Mogg and Frankie Boyle provided he could swear.

He always does that if there is a question coming later on the subject.

Was there?

Switched off after 15 minutes. The audience was packed with Tories applauding the far right drivel and lies that Liam Fox came out with. It would be good if his close friend Putin ran him over with a tank.

Jack

advertisement

Back