advertisement

Question Time

Slagging Labour again. In the interests of balance it should be noted that being fully signed up to neoliberal economics, it’s impossible to get a fag paper between tory and SNP on the most significant area of policy.

Neoliberalism with a heart... ho ho ho!

SNP Economic Strategy:
Neo Liberalism with a Heart
Source : J and M Cutherbert

Talking about fag papers, not much between Sturgeon and Truss, they should be pals.

Source : Prof Ronald Macdonald
To be fair, Scotland does not have the economic Independence but to be anything else but constrained by Westminster. Though on the question of post independence, if Scotland adopts another currency its economic independence and therefore its wider independence, will be badly compromised.

And Neoliberalism with a heart is economic illiteracy. Neoliberalism is explicitly amoral, you can have morals, or you can have neoliberalism. You can’t have both.

Last night was interesting. There's often comment about the 'packing' of the audience with plants etc. It certainly seemed so last night.......

I seem to remember that, when challenged about whether the studio audience was truly representative of the programme's broadcast location, the BBC responded that each episode is designed to represent the demographic of the whole UK, regardless of where it is actually broadcast from.

IIRC this explanation was made in response to a hullaballoo after QT was broadcast from Dundee and yet a third of the "local" audience seemed to be Tories.

I seem to remember that, when challenged about whether the studio audience was truly representative of the programme's broadcast location, the BBC responded that each episode is designed to represent the demographic of the whole UK, regardless of where it is actually broadcast from.

IIRC this explanation was made in response to a hullaballoo after QT was broadcast from Dundee and yet a third of the "local" audience seemed to be Tories.

There's been a fair bit of controversy over govt placepersons fixing it for them. How the hell Farage got to appear so often was a travesty but he did peel the racists away from Labour and then help the tories build a blue/red wall with them.
https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...carefully-chosen-pro-brexit-fiona-bruce-says/
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ourbeeb/is-question-time-s-audience-producer-really-fascist/

Well I just don't believe the BBC answer, in the sense that they are either trying to fool us, or are succeeding in fooling themselves.
I'll add that the BBC take on 'balance', is complete bollocks, because they seem to completely ignore the relative electoral success, or otherwise of those they platform, or those people supported by, donated to by those they platform. Farage was just the most obvious in a long and continuing series of self opinionated but shadily motivated gobshites they've been happy to give unwarranted exposure to.

And why the feck is erstwhile Revolutionary Communist Baroness Claire Fox continually given a platform. Who does she represent? She sits in an unelected chamber, has never held public office, and is not a journalist with any sizeable reach. Sheer click bait to spout her hard right libertarian and controversialist bollox.

I carry no banner for the SNP, but I doubt we’ll see sir Keir or Rachel Reeves announce the abolition of prescription and tuition fees, or introduce a right to roam, or introduce a flat rate free bus travel at sixty.
I agree, however, the SNP don’t explain how such things will be funded if ‘independent. If Labour announced an intent to implement such things what would be demanded and expected?

Free buses for the under 22yr olds too.
As above.

advertisement

Back