advertisement

President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
As evidenced by WikiLeaks: this time 8 years ago an executive at Citibank was emailing him a list of names for his cabinet, most of which actually ended up on it...

And then people can't figure out why the US didn't vote in Hillary who is totally owned by Wall St and the military industrial complex...

No, they're all racist KKK supporters according to the enlightened liberals of pfm :rolleyes:

Would you be willing to accept Trump's proposed domestic agenda in your country?

So the polls were about right, the built in Gerrymandering of the electoral college system won the election

As for comparisons with Reagan, he was a politician, just not a career one

He just might be a narcissist?

Just throwing that possibility out there Max.
Merlin, keeping it real you're not just throwing it out there, you and most others that have posted about the issue on here have bought into the media's line that he's a narcissistic racist with no interest in anything bar adulation and power and stated it as fact for over a year.

The fact is we don't know and won't know until he's been given time.

What we do know is this media was against him from day one because they're part of the same establishment that Hillary represented.

I'd have much preferred Bernie Sanders but it wasn't to be, and I think the US electorate made the right choice in giving Trump a chance rather than voting Wall St and globalism back into power in the form of Hillary.

I can't know this Merlin, and neither can you.

What seems evident is that he was already living a life similar to a President and didn't need the hassle, so maybe he wants to do good for his country.

I can't see why the opposite must be true.

Say WHAT? You're suggesting we consider Trump a do-gooder?

I don't think I can ever take one thing you say seriously, going forward.

I think you like Trump because you and he are both bullshit artists.

A short piece from Michael Rosen that is currently doing the rounds for obvious reasons:

Fascism: I sometimes fear...

"I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,
"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

(link)

Nail/head and all that. Max is one of the ones who welcomes it.

PS I'm not one who normally links to blogs etc, but this is IMO a well written article as to how very bad things can gradually take hold:

"Fascism begins by promising to make the country strong again, to restore pride. It wants to help, it wants to build a better country, it wants to improve your life. It wants to challenge a corrupt establishment and change a broken system. It wants to get people working again and get tough on crime. It doesn’t present an image of violent thugs to you, instead it shows the face of ordinary respectable people, people just like you, who have had enough."

(link).

Perhaps if Michael Rosen had lived in the shoes of an unemployed Pennsylvanian steel worker for a few years he'd see things differently..

Actually max my friend Sharon from Greenville MI was made redundant from a good job in 2006, it was cheaper to move the plant to Mexico than meet the health and safety regs in the USA. She thinks Trump is "Nothing more than stupid spoilt child"..oh and about 1/3 of her colleagues she worked with, have developed cancers almost certainly from exposure to some sort of insulating foam they use to use in her factory.

If I were an American I would have used my vote yesterday in whatever way was most effective in keeping Clinton out of power.

Unresponsive. Would you accept a domestic policy in Ireland that mirrors Trump's domestic policy for America?

If not, then why would you wish it on us?

Say WHAT? You're suggesting we consider Trump a do-gooder?

I said maybe he actually wants to do his best for his country, you know, to help..

I don't think I can ever take one thing you say seriously, going forward.

S'okay Don.

I think you like Trump because you and he are both bullshit artists.

I don't like him, though I do find him very funny at times, when he's not acting like a pig.

And I don't do bullshit son ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back