advertisement

President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Bernie Sanders won the nomination there is a very good chance he'd have beaten Fuhrer Trump. The right is out of control at present, e.g. take this utter shower of shit about to march on London shortly (Huffington Post). The Tories are not distancing themselves from this shit or the tabloids who inflame their bigotry and xenophobia, in fact they are deliberately feeding the flames as I suspect they know they have lost the centre ground now.

Tony, I will bow out now because terms like Fuhrer Trump are so far off the mark I'm not sure where to begin. It's like Max crooked Hillary bollocks.
Mark my words, things won't be as you think. His election posturing was just that! It will shake up the establishment and combined with Brexit is a real vote for change. You don't see that as it's not a change to the left.

Ok I'm off to audio, music and classifieds ;)

This is USA's Brexit - no one realistically expected Trump to win not even Trump.

Provided he is surrounded by men and women of good counsel - because he has no experience of Government and is certainly no statesman or diplomat - I don't see too many problems.

Mark my words, things won't be as you think. His election posturing was just that! It will shake up the establishment and combined with Brexit is a real vote for change. You don't see that as it's not a change to the left.

But the only change is the emergence of post truth politics.

The ability to win office by lying through your teeth. The acceptance that election pledges are just props with no basis in reality.

Laws should be in place to protect the public just as they do from charlatans selling you insurance or furniture.

Tony, I will bow out now because terms like Fuhrer Trump are so far off the mark I'm not sure where to begin. It's like Max crooked Hillary bollocks.

Ok I'm off to audio, music and classifieds ;)

Even ignoring his posturing, its the reality of repealing gains in equality, healthcare, LGBT rights, women's reproductive rights that worry me more now that the Republicans control the Presidency, both houses and the Supreme Court.

One seriously divided country - right down the middle.

How he is going to heal that divide heaven alone knows.

The popular vote says it all

Trump 59,589,136 Popular Votes

Clinton 59,795,906 Popular Votes

So hardly a mandate - indeed fewer Americans seem to have voted for The Donald than voted for his opponent.

you are out of your mind....
vuk.

My ex-wife would agree with you, but for different reasons.

As for President Elect Trump, let's hope he does much better than most of us fear. Obama is a very decent & intelligent fellow, but has achieved far less than was hoped after his ground-breaking victory 8 years ago : it was as if he had one arm tied behind his back, as he was continually held back by the special interest groups and, essentially, Big Money.

Trump will not be held back in the same way : I think the critical element will be the team he puts in place around him and its synergy.

A great insight in Trump here http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all from the ghostwriter of the Art of the Deal.

Some choice excerpts below. We're in trouble. Big trouble...

"I put lipstick on a pig," he said. "I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is." He went on, "I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization."

If he were writing "The Art of the Deal" today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, "The Sociopath."

But Schwartz believes that Trump’s short attention span has left him with "a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance."

Trump’s first wife, Ivana, famously claimed that Trump kept a copy of Adolf Hitler’s collected speeches, "My New Order," in a cabinet beside his bed.

"Lying is second nature to him," Schwartz said. "More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true."

Schwartz says of Trump, "He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it." Since most people are "constrained by the truth," Trump’s indifference to it "gave him a strange advantage."

If Trump is elected President, he warned, "the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.

Yep, none of which was hidden. Lot's of luck with that. Although this part....

Schwartz says of Trump, "He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it." Since most people are "constrained by the truth," Trump’s indifference to it "gave him a strange advantage."

..had me thinking of Bo Jo for some reason.

This is USA's Brexit - no one realistically expected Trump to win not even Trump.

Provided he is surrounded by men and women of good counsel - because he has no experience of Government and is certainly no statesman or diplomat - I don't see too many problems.

Yup.

The establishment (which ironically he claims to want to overturn) will quietly but firmly reign him in.

Time to sit back, look forward to the journey, and enjoy the soundbites. Ronnie Regan v2.1

My ex-wife would agree with you, but for different reasons.

As for President Elect Trump, let's hope he does much better than most of us fear. Obama is a very decent & intelligent fellow, but has achieved far less than was hoped after his ground-breaking victory 8 years ago : it was as if he had one arm tied behind his back, as he was continually held back by the special interest groups and, essentially, Big Money.

Trump will not be held back in the same way : I think the critical element will be the team he puts in place around him and its synergy.

As evidenced by WikiLeaks: this time 8 years ago an executive at Citibank was emailing him a list of names for his cabinet, most of which actually ended up on it...

And then people can't figure out why the US didn't vote in Hillary who is totally owned by Wall St and the military industrial complex...

No, they're all racist KKK supporters according to the enlightened liberals of pfm :rolleyes:

If Trump is elected President, he warned, "the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.

This is the great irony of both this presidential election and the Brexit vote.

Both were won on the premise of taking back control from the elite, but the only people taking back control WERE the financial elite - and they were taking back control from those who represented the people. They have done it by utilising all forms of media and by pitting good men and women against each other by practicing the politics of hatred and fear. Look at them FFS! Trump, Bo Jo, Farage & May. Hardly working class heroes are they?

It's genuinely sad that there are so many gullible human beings in modern society when we are supposed to be better educated and more informed than ever.

Merlin, we don't yet know whether Trump will try to act in the best interests of the people or the elite, so nobody can declare that they were conned by him.

You think he's going to follow up on his election pledges Max?

One seriously divided country - right down the middle.

How he is going to heal that divide heaven alone knows.

The popular vote says it all

Trump 59,589,136 Popular Votes

Clinton 59,795,906 Popular Votes

So hardly a mandate - indeed fewer Americans seem to have voted for The Donald than voted for his opponent.

The margin between the two totals is 17/100 of one percent.

Heal the divide? Why would Trump have the slightest interest in that? He WANTS terror attacks and racial conflict and followers who are so damn deplorable hell wouldn't have 'em. His power comes from a base that is mad and fearful. The more reaction on both sides, the better he likes it.

Peace and happiness across the land would destroy him.

As evidenced by WikiLeaks: this time 8 years ago an executive at Citibank was emailing him a list of names for his cabinet, most of which actually ended up on it...

And then people can't figure out why the US didn't vote in Hillary who is totally owned by Wall St and the military industrial complex...

No, they're all racist KKK supporters according to the enlightened liberals of pfm :rolleyes:

Just leaving this here for you:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...way-from-two-state-solution-after-meeting-be/

You think he's going to follow up on his election pledges Max?
I can't know this Merlin, and neither can you.

What seems evident is that he was already living a life similar to a President and didn't need the hassle, so maybe he wants to do good for his country.

I can't see why the opposite must be true.

He just might be a narcissist?

Just throwing that possibility out there Max.

A short piece from Michael Rosen that is currently doing the rounds for obvious reasons:

Fascism: I sometimes fear...

"I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.

Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you...

It doesn't walk in saying,
"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

(link)

Nail/head and all that. Max is one of the ones who welcomes it.

PS I'm not one who normally links to blogs etc, but this is IMO a well written article as to how very bad things can gradually take hold:

"Fascism begins by promising to make the country strong again, to restore pride. It wants to help, it wants to build a better country, it wants to improve your life. It wants to challenge a corrupt establishment and change a broken system. It wants to get people working again and get tough on crime. It doesn’t present an image of violent thugs to you, instead it shows the face of ordinary respectable people, people just like you, who have had enough."

(link).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back