advertisement

Premier League 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L'pool will play well against Chelsea, the odd slip aside, they usually do. As a Chelsea fan, I'd take a draw right now.

Mmm, I agree with you.

Ivanovich has agreed to a move to Zenit St Petersburgh. He has been offered a three and a half year deal.

Hope Ivanovich does well, but it's not like we're losing a legend. He has annoyed me for several years. because he's too slow and increasingly inaccurate.

Jack

It looks like the loss of Mane to the ACON is key... little attacking threat now to teams that sit back.

Looking forward to my trip to the Bridge tomorrow and interested to see how Josh McEachran plays (I'd like to wish him well, but not tomorrow!). He seems to have been having a bit of a moan in the press just recently, and while I have a few concerns about my teams loan policy, he's had lots of chances at several different clubs and not held down a regular place at any of them, Which is odd, because when he played for Chelsea around 2010 he looked like the real deal. What happened?

Looking forward to my trip to the Bridge tomorrow and interested to see how Josh McEachran plays (I'd like to wish him well, but not tomorrow!). He seems to have been having a bit of a moan in the press just recently, and while I have a few concerns about my teams loan policy, he's had lots of chances at several different clubs and not held down a regular place at any of them, Which is odd, because when he played for Chelsea around 2010 he looked like the real deal. What happened?

Tell your club to leave our goalie in peace or else treble your offer.

According to BT Sport this is the seventh time since the millennium that Liverpool have been beaten in the FA Cup by a team from a lower league.

Let's see what they do against Chelsea next week.

According to BT Sport this is the seventh time since the millennium that Liverpool have been beaten in the FA Cup by a team from a lower league.

Let's see what they do against Chelsea next week.

They'll sit back, frightened of being caught on the counter again. Chelsea'll be cautious going forward for similar reasons. Result, a boring 0-0

Non-league part-timers Sutton Utd are a class act. The warriors of Surrey have kicked Leeds Utd out of the FA Cup. Pathetic northerners.

Jack

Looking at Chelsea last night, it seemed like Conte was trying a solution in our weakest area - crosses coming in from our left - by getting Moses to tuck in more. It didn't work. The problem has been that our back 3 has shuffled across towards our left to protect Alonso when the ball is deep in our final third, and in so doing we've then left a gap behind Dave. Last night it looked as though Moses was on duty in that area, but just failed to get between his man and the goal. He just wasn't in the right place when they scored and at the end when Firminio had a good chance with his head near the end. Dave was pointing furiously and telling him where to stand on both occasions. Perhaps Victor is umbilically linked to his touch line and his brain gets starved of oxygen when that link gets stretched a bit too far?

Looking at Chelsea last night, it seemed like Conte was trying a solution in our weakest area - crosses coming in from our left - by getting Moses to tuck in more. It didn't work. The problem has been that our back 3 has shuffled across towards our left to protect Alonso when the ball is deep in our final third, and in so doing we've then left a gap behind Dave. Last night it looked as though Moses was on duty in that area, but just failed to get between his man and the goal. He just wasn't in the right place when they scored and at the end when Firminio had a good chance with his head near the end. Dave was pointing furiously and telling him where to stand on both occasions. Perhaps Victor is umbilically linked to his touch line and his brain gets starved of oxygen when that link gets stretched a bit too far?

Got that impression as well. Gerrard mentioned several times that Chelsea's weak spot is on the right hand side of the back three. That's where Dele Ali scored and the same thing happened yesterday.

Just glad that Firminio didn't get a goal, although he had a couple of chances.

Much has been made of Simon Mignolet's penalty save. If you look at it though it wasn't that hard. Costa's attempt wasn't very good.

Surprised that Conte didn't bring on Zouma to deal with the defence hole. On the plus side we got a point, Arsenal lost and the Spurs mingers scraped a draw.

Courtois said in The Evening Standard that if Chelsea beat Liverpool, and Arsenal at the weekend, we would win the Premier League. It might take a little longer to get into that position, but hopefully we will.

Jack

City and United have spent more than Chelsea in the last five years. Arsenal have as well, if you subtract money made from sales.

The difference is we've got a better class of footballer.

Jack

Seems Moussa Dembele, Alvaro Morata and Virgil Van Dijk are Conte's targets this summer. He also needs a box to box midfielder because I think Fabregas and Matic, good though they are, cannot fulfill that role, Arturo Vidal would be ideal. We are rumoured to be after Sanchez along with Man City but after seeing Jesus playing last night I think we have a shot. Also Alonso and Moses might need replacing.

Shame we can not say the same for their fans:)

Bloss

Here we are having a pleasant chat with a glass of Shiraz and a delicate nibble, and some thug come along and tries to start a fight! Us Chelsea fans are civilised, cultured creatures, so please take your loutish behaviour elsewhere;)

Shame we can not say the same for their fans:)

Bloss

Bloss,

Dont be saying things like that. They are great fans. They have little plastic flags supplied by the club and wave them whenever they are winning. They are also not racist or loadsamoney tossers. I know this cos a Chelsea fan told me:D

Seems Moussa Dembele, Alvaro Morata and Virgil Van Dijk are Conte's targets this summer. He also needs a box to box midfielder because I think Fabregas and Matic, good though they are, cannot fulfill that role, Arturo Vidal would be ideal. We are rumoured to be after Sanchez along with Man City but after seeing Jesus playing last night I think we have a shot. Also Alonso and Moses might need replacing.

I have to disagree, I don't think Chelsea are in desperate need of any new players at the moment. Perhaps Morata if Costa leaves in the summer, perhaps a goalkeeper if Courtois does the same, but otherwise I think we look strong. If we got in Sanchez, who do we drop? Willian? Pedro?

Alonso is a problem in our half of the field, but if we get someone who's better defensively we might lose the offensive threat he carries. Kennedy's always looked good to me, seems good going forward and good at closing down (which Alonso ain't) and he won a lot of headers against taller opposition last Saturday. Matic is vital, look how many times he drops into the back three when Cahill or Luiz go forward. Fabregas switches off when asked to play that role, but then he can deliver a ball better than anyone. Matic when we need to be solid, Cesc when we need to open up a team that sits back?

Virgil is a terrific player. I've watched him at Soton for several years and rated him highly, but I still wouldn't change our back three. we have Zouma don't forget

We'll need more players next year when we're playing more games, but I'd like to see our younger players given a chance before we bring in too many new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back