advertisement

Premier League 2016-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected far more from arse after the other day.

Glad to have come through this week with 4 points.

In the week that Super Frank retired, Hazard scored a fantastic goal against the Arses. He picked up the ball on the halfway line, dribbled past a succession of red shirts, dinked the ball into the ground and over the goalkeeper. Should imagine Cech admired the shot, despite the fact that he couldn't save it.

Good to see Wenger relegated to the stands to watch the 3 - 1 thrashing of his team. His time is up and has been for several seasons. There were Arse supporters with signs saying this.

Frank Lampard won 11 trophies with Chelsea, including The Champions League when he captained the team. He was a very intelligent player. This isn't surprising, he recorded one of Britain’s highest ever Mensa scores.

John Terry thinks Lamps is Chelsea's greatest ever player. He was in 649 games for the team and scored 211 goals. Pretty amazing for a midfielder. In terms of the Premier League, only Shearer, Rooney and Andy Cole have scored more. They are strikers though.

Joe Cole interestingly enough believes that Hazard rather than Lampard will turn out to be the team's best ever player.

Chelsea are cruising with a high work rate and great moves. We have some weak spots and a couple of players who could be replaced, but won't worry about it for the moment. Alonso is an example. Having said that, he scored his fourth goal of the season today, which isn't bad for a defender.

To make the matters worse, former Arse captain Fabregas capitalized on a mistake and lobbed the ball over Cech and into the net. He didn't celebrate the goal, yet he gets booed when he plays at the Emirates, which shows how small minded the Arse supporters are.

Every time Lamps came to Stamford Bridge after moving to Man City, he got big cheers. That's the difference between winners like Chelsea and losers like Arsenal.

Jack

I was annoyed with Costa for being too greedy (twice) when a pass would have resulted in a goal. And Arsenal's late goal should have been saved.

The Hazard goal was the best thing I've ever seen.

(Apart from the last Hockney exhibition, eh Jack)

Shares in plastic flag manufacturers going through the roof.
To paraphrase Banksy. "People who wave plastic flags don't deserve to have one."

Ian Wright said on MOTD that Hazard is similar to Maradona in his ability to dribble around and fool players. Apparently Kante has statistically done more tackles than anyone else in the PL during the last three seasons.

Jack

Ian Wright said on MOTD that Hazard is similar to Maradona in his ability to dribble around and fool players. Apparently Kante has statistically done more tackles than anyone else in the PL during the last three seasons.

Jack

but Kante has only been in the PL for 1.5 seasons?:rolleyes:

but Kante has only been in the PL for 1.5 seasons?:rolleyes:

Oh I obviously misunderstood Gary Lineker on MOTD. The statistics might include all of the professional football leagues I guess. Either way Shearer, Wright and him think Kante is a bit of a genius.

I wasn't sure whether Lineker said three or four years to be honest, even though I turned the volume up and replayed it. Maybe he said two. He should stop bloody mumbling.

Jack

Oh I obviously misunderstood Gary Lineker on MOTD. The statistics might include all of the professional football leagues I guess. Either way Shearer, Wright and him think Kante is a bit of a genius.

I wasn't sure whether Lineker said three or four years to be honest, even though I turned the volume up and replayed it. Maybe he said two. He should stop bloody mumbling.

Jack

You could put on the sub-titles option, but is that too technical for a Chelsea drone.

Bloss

Mentioning Hazard in the same breath as Maradonna, what a joke!

Ian Wright is an ex professional footballer who's played at the highest level. I think his opinion carries a little more weight than yours.

Oh I obviously misunderstood Gary Lineker on MOTD.

I heard/understood it the same way as you.

that Kante had done more tackles in his 1.5 years than anyone else has done over their last 3 years.

I could be wrong/misheard though, or Lineker could be wrong !!

that Kante had done more tackles in his 1.5 years than anyone else has done over their last 3 years.

But, but, he's is an ex professional footballer who's played at the highest level. He must be right ;)

Maybe it was 1.5 years instead. I'll use the subtitles option when it goes up on iPlayer.

One thing is for sure, three highly regarded ex-footballers think Kante is excellent and a couple of ne'er-do-wells on pfm don't. I know whose judgement I would trust.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back