advertisement

Photo theme #16: BOKEH (May 13–25)

Yes, there is a lot of green vuk, but surely the negative serves to emphasise the positive. The Dynanx was Minolta's body - They did a lovely film body (the 7 I have and the 9 was a full pro body) then they did a nice digital body (7D, and a lesser 5D). Konica sold (2 yrs ago) the design for the next gen of DSLR bodies to Sony, who have now released the 700D which is very nice indeed.

Yes, there is a lot of green vuk, but surely the negative serves to emphasise the positive.

i was just joking: nothing, not even a broken link appears in my browser. i'm not sure how concrete saw anything--perhaps he can post a correct version. she's a wiz with computers.

vuk.

dogs playing pool/poker has forever contaminated billiards room photography, but i will say that the bokeh is of decent quality. it's got a bit of digital ick, but i can tell the glass is good.

vuk.

p.s. if you put IMG tags around it, the thing appears in here (where joe wants to see it):

Bokeh-Ball.jpg

"Interpret bokeh however you like."

I assume the quality of whatever bokeh is in one's image is not important?

If the quality is important, there is little point in most budget snappers even trying...

what is that dogs thing about?! I don't get that rot!
I do think bokeh has quality, infact i think it is probably ALL about quality. And reflects the glass tremendously; a lovely smooth creamy bokeh, with lovely circular focus effects is a very handsome thing indeed. Snappers can get good bokeh too, but it's harder I think.

If you focus on the background and create and out of focus near image, is that also Bokeh, or anti-Bokeh?

it's still bokeh, but it's very difficult to create an appealing picture with foreground out of focus, especially if without a very dominant subject in the background.

vuk.

cliff.

every time i see your name as new poster on this thread, i rush in to see if there's a picture by the favourite so i know what i need to beat ;-)

vuk.

p.s. i've had a terrible photo week so far. may need to change cycling territory.

I've got a couple of Bokeh shots using the same sort of idea and framing and have gone for this one:

2498668665_634848bdba_o.jpg

The reject is here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2499497788_1f4e3e00c2_o.jpg

Both shots are with an RZ67, first with a 50/4.5 and the second with a 110/2.8. Balancing the bokeh with the DOF for the subject in the first one was a bit tricky due to the curved sign that I wanted in focus. The second was easier due to a more sensible working distance to the sign, but I don't like how the sky and the treeline/building meet. Still, good subject, had fun shooting these.

Cesare

IMG_9259editresizedBokeh.jpg

..and my apologies - it had been a long day, and I was filled with picture-posting madness, having just received praise from many of the photo-gods here. I posted a picture (post 21) that was actually meant to be in the PAW thread - it was also taken too early to be a valid entry, so can I give this a try ?
I realize it is nothing like as good as Cesares, but I can't get out at present, so am limited to what I can find in the house.. (excuses excuses..)

Steve

2500372358_40b6e61f50_o.jpg

Decided on the pictures from the Nikkor F1.4 in the end because it edges the Leica 50mm lens in isolating the subject.

Some more here - the last 6 are from within the deadline period and the last 3 are on the Leica M8/Summicron 50.

advertisement

Back