advertisement

Photo theme #16: BOKEH (May 13–25)

Mr Cat -- Cheap, fast lenses can be found. I picked up a mint 55mm f/1.2 for $100 a few years ago.

Joe

cheers for that...would they be ompatible with a 400D..? thop, I expect them to be manual...

you got such an example..? - I was loooking the other week but quickly gave up as I wasn't exactly sure what to look for...

NOTICE:
those who wish to cancel any win or exotic tickets containing ian please contact mick parry at the PFM treasury before end of day

Ian -- I'd like to see what you're up to photographically in Japan. Maybe you could start a thread when you're back home. It can be for fun alone, instead of for fun, fame and fortune.

Mr Cat -- My 55mm lens is a manual-focus Nikkor, so you'd need some sort of adapter to fit it on a Canon body, but such things exist. This thread has some examples of the 55mm f/1.2 Nikkor on a Canon 10D.

Don't expect Noctilust-like quality, but the 55mm is pretty good for a cheap lens. It's failings are poor contrast and softness at maximum aperture (which is a shame since that's why you buy an f/1.2 lens), but it's bokeh is pretty good for a Nikkor.

Joe

Is that good bokeh then because it is really distracting? (Moaan)

I thought good bokeh was milky smooth all the way?

ian.

i see you found a proper dollard.

btw--one of your amsterdam pictures seems to have got into the set by mistake.

vuk.

Pete,

It's easier (for me anyway) if you hotlink directly to your image.

DSC_0085.jpg

Joe

Well, this is the first image I've ever posted on PFM, so be kind pls. Taken with Dynax 7D, 50mm, F1.7 lens.
Bokeh-Ball.jpg

uzinusa.

is it a masterstatement on negative space? ;-)

btw--never heard of dynax? it is chinese?

vuk.

advertisement

Back