advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF1353_1280px.jpg

Avebury in freezing fog: dawn at 8.02am this morning

Straight reduction from X100

Today, instead of getting out with the camera, I did a 15K run followed by a 5K dog walk (without camera) and later I have a load to do, so decided I'd pull one from my recent trip to the museum. Why I like this one is the slightly surreal quality of it: Dolly the Sheep in a glass case, some big steam engine thing and random visitors. I like the fact there's a 'ghost' in the middle too.

L1010747.jpg

Q2: 1/20s@f8, ISO1600. In the full res version you can read the display text (just). Great resolution...

I like the intentional movement of the first photo John. Very Zen... must try something like that sometime. Guess you pan on a level tripod with a slower shutter speed?

Drove out to the Dengie yesterday. The light was fine when I left, but by the time I reached Chelmsford there was blanket of dull grey cloud. I persisted, but so did it. It won.

67TnPz.jpg

TGCq8I.jpg

uL6t8b.jpg

nGptbs.jpg

Yq9o7T.jpg

The chapel of St.Peter ad Murum was established astride the entrance of the old Roman fort of Othona by Bishop Cedd from 654, using material - Kentish ragstone - gleaned from the ruins, making it possibly the earliest still extant church in the country. Cedd had been summoned from Lindisfarne by the East Saxon king Sigeberht in a bid to convert us pagan marsh dwellers back to Christianity, from which we had apparently lapsed. Following Cedd's death in 664 from the plague, the chapel became part of the Diocese of London. Over the next thousand or so years it fell in and out of use, possibly in tune with the denizens of Essex falling in and out of the Christian faith. For many years it served as a barn. It was most recently reconsecrated in 1920, and regular services are held there, though much of the rest of Essex, or at least that strange, at once direly shabby and deeply historic part of it, appears to have reverted once more to paganism.

The pilgrim route of St.Peter's Way extends for 45 miles from the little church at Greensted, Europe's oldest wooden church (and possibly the world's oldest wooden structure), to St.Peter on the Wall. I live not two miles from Greensted. I think I might try to walk it.

Huawei P20 mono sensor with some film grunge from Nik ColorEfex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back