advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idomybest, your street candids are absolutely terrific, I love them.

^ that - I completely agree.

Thank you very much, that was unexpected - but much appreciated! There are a number of photographers I personally enjoy on here. It seems we are all mostly a similar age and like shooting a mix of subjects with different types of cameras/devices, it's always a pleasure to login and see what's been posted. If people like your efforts it's a helping hand...

Helping Hand
by idomy best, on Flickr

Thank you very much, that was unexpected - but much appreciated! There are a number of photographers I personally enjoy on here. It seems we are all mostly a similar age and like shooting a mix of subjects with different types of cameras/devices, it's always a pleasure to login and see what's been posted. If people like your efforts it's a helping hand...

Helping Hand
by idomy best, on Flickr

What tool of the trade do you use now? Presumably not the FM2?

L1010798.jpg

Another early morning shot from a nearby coastal location. A 12s exposure blurred the waves, I had to pull up the shadows a bit and sort the white balance (it was too warm, even though the light was that lovely early morning orange glowing type). Tomorrow I'm off to Transylvania for a few days, I'm looking forward to taking some interesting shots in an unfamiliar place (work permitting)....

What tool of the trade do you use now? Presumably not the FM2?

Most of the street images posted here are shot in JPEG from a couple of old 8mb Ricoh GRD's that I bought second hand around 2008 /2010 for about £100 each they both have issues but you can work around them. They are simple to use, small and use the same batteries as my Ricoh R3 and recent acquisition a Lumix LX3 (my RAW camera) for which I paid £30 - I know, last of the big spenders!

I still have some of my old film cameras but not my FE2 which was my main street camera for film - I regret selling that camera. I prefer using my F2a to a FM2 (but not its weight and bulk) possibly because I am used to the way it handles, it was my first Nikon 30+ years ago. I would like to have a go at film again and always admire the time and effort that you and others commit to shooting film. If I ever get to retire, shooting film again is on my "To Do" list - much to my wife's dismay I have a draw full of film in the freezer....

Film developed and it looks like I only lost half a frame, mysteriously one of the other rolls only has one exposed frame on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back