advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
steve.

although i have a great deal of trouble with the context (and cropping), that first shot of your daughter is excellent.

vuk.

vuk.
I don't really care what you think about either the context or cropping, the fact that both you and omers have commented positively on it is enough for me. I have long admired yours (and omers) pictures from a distance, and am feeling very proud !
If you have time, could you please tell me more about the cropping - I'll try to find the full picture and put it up here soon..

Here is the uncropped version - I cut it down as it was going oin a small photobook, and for the cover it seemed to work best cut down, and the full version is inside..

IMG_8600edit1resized.jpg

the uncropped version's good too, steve. especially as all the rubble on the floor puts an interesting contrast to her look.

..while I am getting the brownest nose in the world, I ought to add that the reason for not having posted a picture before is that along with omers and vuk are a huge number of other people posting amazingly good pictures here, making me feel slightly intimidated. I also find it very hard to know what is good, and what is not with my pictures (I doubt I am alone in this though..)

..while I am getting the brownest nose in the world, I ought to add that the reason for not having posted a picture before is that along with omers and vuk are a huge number of other people posting amazingly good pictures here, making me feel slightly intimidated. I also find it very hard to know what is good, and what is not with my pictures (I doubt I am alone in this though..)

Steve thanks.
while I am getting the brownest nose in the world, I ought to add that the reason for not having posted pictures before is that along with Ian and Guy and vuk and ... are a huge number of other people posting amazingly good pictures here, making me feel slightly intimidated. I also find it very hard to know what is good, and what is not with my pictures (I know I am not alone in this though..)

Omer.

omer
I stand corrected, but didn't want to add too many names, as I am bound sure to leave out one or two, causing distress and suffering to the forgotten few.
I understand how upsetting it is to not be mentioned by me.

Cropped is better...Billie is the subject, no?

p.s. don't feel at all intimidated by volume posters or the approbation they get. What matters always is what appeals to you, not what you think might appeal to others.

omer
I stand corrected, but didn't want to add too many names, as I am bound sure to leave out one or two, causing distress and suffering to the forgotten few.
I understand how upsetting it is to not be mentioned by me.

Steve,
you took this the wrong way, this was not a correction. I replicated it as my writing to indicate I felt and still feel exactly the same way. The changes are just to make this look logical coming from me.

Omer.

You've just got to master the art of not caring if you make an arse of yourself in public*. This way people can point you in the right direction. Learnin' innit.

(and I thought both versions were a great picture - I like the statue left / niche for statue right sort if look of the cropped one)

Jonathan

* you may have noticed I have a 2 dan in this

omer - I stand corrected again....!
As for making an arse of myself - I have made a career of it, and photography is something a little personal to me, but be warned - more pictures to come from me...

what makes the large version good are the little girly feet in delicate slippers contrasting with roughness of stones/concrete rubble.

vuk.

what makes the large version good are the little girly feet in delicate slippers contrasting with roughness of stones/concrete rubble.

vuk.

Well that might be why you prefer one to the other, but what matters is what the guy taking the photo (and cropping it) wanted to portray. As I have said before, most people take photos of family and friends as a simple record - not to be arty or pretentious or to impress on an internet forum.

omer - I stand corrected again....!
As for making an arse of myself - I have made a career of it, and photography is something a little personal to me, but be warned - more pictures to come from me...

On the strength of the above - no need to worry - they are all great!

cav, why don't you go and find a forum where you actually enjoy the discussions and people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back