advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or this ?

IMG_6549editresized.jpg

Exactly!

But I'm the wrong person to talk about colour, I just can't take a good colour picture nowadays, despite trying every few weeks and this being the season when I usually take a few.

-- Ian

B&W for the first one - the pinks were really distracting. But I'd have thought the 2nd would work best in colour. Very nice pic too.

steve.

the bokeh is brutal in the girl/balloon picture--i would get rid of the lens or use it very sparingly. there is also a distracting dark blotch in the upper right which you'd be forgiven for cloning out.

as for your colour v.black&white, the pink, combined with cheesey long-exposure effect makes it look like decorative kitchen "art" from the 1980s. the B&W is better, but would be better still if done on film.

vuk.

I prefer the b+w beach; the girl with the balloon lacks context ("brutal bokeh" - call me old fashioned but I prefer to concentrate on what is in focus, and therefore, probably the subject, rather than what is not); the portrait - why is the face so dark when there is a clear highlight on the arm which tends to draw the eye away from the face?

steve.

the bokeh is brutal in the girl/balloon picture--i would get rid of the lens or use it very sparingly. there is also a distracting dark blotch in the upper right which you'd be forgiven for cloning out.

as for your colour v.black&white, the pink, combined with cheesey long-exposure effect makes it look like decorative kitchen "art" from the 1980s. the B&W is better, but would be better still if done on film.

vuk.

vuk - the lens, I am pretty certain, is the canon 70-200 f4..
The dark blodge - yes, indeed, it needs to go - as for from the 80's - that fairly describes me, I am sorry to say..
I am very much trying to find out what I do best - people I think, but playing at different things, copying just to see how and if. Things will be done of film soon - I am slowly getting things sorted..

Cav - the sitter had been in a lot of pain the day it was taken, and I wanted the face to show that - the arm could indeed be darker, but I was afraid of making the whole think too dark.

As always, all comments listened to, and thanks for taking the time !

Long exposures, you say? Hand held snap from a family gathering.

2538438302_8660b43a94_o.jpg

I think the two kids at either end make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back