advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2484326948_0020bb4b9b_o.jpg

St James Park this afternoon
Nikon D3, Nikkor 85:1.4

There are some other pictures by me (using the D3 or an S5Pro) and one by Lucy (9) here

And a bonus one in case you don't want to navigate away

2483511999_7c720a8745_o.jpg

I didn't want to get a technical disqualification for Too Much Green :)

Lovely bokeh, though I thought?

that bokeh doesn't look right to me, but with all that green and yellow (i hate yellow with green) who knows what going through my mind.

vuk.

Something that has been bugging me for some time - why is it called MACRO when you're actually taking pictures of quite small things, when compared to (say) a landscape? OK - it's not MICRO, but...

Bokeh probably works differently when focused that close in, I guess. Will have soem other shots soon (not a macro sort of guy really).

I got bored at work today, so I turned the camera towards the back of the studio

broom.jpg

D200, Nikon 60mm 2.8

Nice shot Matthew - I spent a good hour or so this weekend doing exactly the same thing. Mine were fairly shite compared to yours.

Got myself a new old camera, second film through it. Still discovering the limited DOF and managed to expose a frame when changing lenses somehow.

RZ67 with a 180/4.5. Talking of bokeh it's looking pretty creamy to me.

Oh, and I thought a 6*7 camera would give me 6*7 frames, but they are nearer 4*5, so i'm cropping my scans to that instead. A typical pet test shot.

2487056235_1fdb09e9c4_o.jpg

And one of the boy looking a bit weird. His right eye is out of focus, left eye in focus. Hmm, need to study DOF charts for this lens and format.

2487056395_715fec4657_o.jpg

How much does it weigh, and what's the minimum speed you can hand-hold it at? Looks great, but your dog looks a bit bored.

A first for me - a couple of my pictures..
Billie at her first holy communion She has become more Spanish than me, and this is such a big deal out here...

BP1_resize.jpg

BP3_resize.jpg

How much does it weigh, and what's the minimum speed you can hand-hold it at? Looks great, but your dog looks a bit bored.

It weighs lots. I've not bothered to weigh it fully loaded, but it's got to be 2-3Kg i'd say. It's currently got a prism finder attached, and i've got a waist level finder on order for it. The picture of Dan was taken from a tripod, the one of Hector (the dog) was hand held. He may look bored, but he is old, and it was a hot day. The chance of getting him sat still long enough to get a picture with a manual focus camera when he's bouncing is small. That's a job for a 1D in servo mode.

Anyhow, early days for the RZ67. Lots to learn, but there is plenty of promise.

Cesare

Steve
The first one is a beautiful picture.

Cesare
Have no clue about the camera but these are nice, although your models do steal the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back