advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffpatte

Speed camera anarchist
Cesare

I would have expected to see something like this with you on the receiving end.

2393144791_e860a68d98_o.jpg

Nikon D3, 50/1.4, manual focussing in a snowball fight - thank heavens for the motordrive.
Goudhurst, today.

More here

Richard does SSB (but no birds). Foul horizontal rain/sleet when out with the dogs
2395631748_331c0efddd_o.jpg

Richard does Mr Cat. A Soay sheep in the snow
2394788755_47c82deaae_o.jpg

Where the sheep live. Went to do a flintnapping course and was lucky with the weather. Good job there was a fire in the roundhouse to keep us warm.
2394788811_38a3c0d57e_o.jpg

Weekend in Edinburgh meant I missed pretty much all the snow. Ah well.

2395690470_66e9895860.jpg

Another from my 'reflections of things in things':

2395690654_abc9a16a67.jpg

And the rest of the set here

Cesare

I would have expected to see something like this with you on the receiving end.

Nikon D3, 50/1.4, manual focussing in a snowball fight - thank heavens for the motordrive.
Goudhurst, today.

More here

Well the boy is away in the Alps skiing with his Granny, so i've got no little ones to chuck snow at me. Went out for a walk with the missus though, photo below.

The high frame rate is really handy in those situations, but also the lower shutter lag which means that you feel more confident that you've caught the moment you wanted. I can usually tell if someone has blinked whilst i'm taking a picture with the 1D since the blackout is so small that you see the person blink. I imagine the D3 is much the same.

The 1D struggled in the snow - the autofocus kept locking onto snowflakes so it was a bit hard to ensure I was really focussing on the subject, again because of the snow which meant the viewfinder was hard to see through!

Cesare

KC7U3884.jpg

Bit of an experimental shot this afternoon in Tunbridge Wells. I was using the combo of the 14-24 lens and D-light setting on the D3 to see if it could realy do the bright sky/cloud lowlight thing

2396441856_c88a0416e6_o.jpg

I quite liked the circular pattern of the senior citizens and light change.

Ian and Cesare - looked like you had even more snow than we did in Goudhurst even though its not that far away.

Concrete,

was #3 in your set looking out across Mardale Crescent at Napier University? It looks very familar ;-)

Haddock

Concrete,

was #3 in your set looking out across Mardale Crescent at Napier University? It looks very familar ;-)

Haddock

Good spot, bloody hell! Yep my best mate lives in one of those houses...the reflection one is in the yard out the back (away from Napier).

Near the gasworks in the Dingle area of lovely Liverpool. No needles, but lots of dog dirt and chewing gum. The pub in the background is called the Herculaneum Bridge, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back