advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken a lot of pictures of these over the last couple of years, I think this is the best one I've come up with so far.

i agree. (seriously)
definitely not for the masses.

after this genuine modernist coup, now you simply can't go back to landscapes.

vuk.

p.s. the only unsettling thing about it, is the aesthetic looks very much like something from the 60s, which is a bit confusing.

So, Ian likes Ian's picture and Vuk thinks its a 60's style - Here's me wondering when Vuk and Ian will agree on a single Aesthetic criterion.

Personally I prefer Ian's pictures with clouds that expolit the contrast and utilise the red or Yellow filter to some effect.

But yes, Ian, the climbing frame is interesting.

Yes, I like ian's shot.

It reminds me of lots of things, old wire frame computer graphics, 60s building design, and a clothes dryer. Actually, the only reason it doesn't look like a clothes dryer is the twists to the metal wire when they are within the DOF. I'm wondering if more of it in focus would make it more or less interesting. I've a feeling more.

Cesare

If it helps, it's actually lobster pot frames.

And I didn't intend to suggest I liked it the best of all my pictures, just that it was the best picture I have taken so far of those particular frames.

Anyway, I was quite pleased with that one. Thanks for all the nice comments.

-- Ian

ian.

even though i confess to misreading what you said, i do think it is your best picture of all.

cliff.

i think you misread what wrote.

vuk.

Personally I prefer Ian's pictures with clouds that expolit the contrast and utilise the red or Yellow filter to some effect.

I never use red filters. A yellow (K2) brings out the tonal range of what's there. Red filters are for special effects, which I'm not at all keen on. Occasionally I will use an orange filter in combination with pushed film to give a slightly grittier look than the reality, but red's a no-no for me.

-- Ian

2474286156_25e0d83b46_b.jpg

On black

Wow, really nice effect there concrete. Reminds me that I shouldn't be too scared to blow highlights - your shot gives one of those ethereal 'heaven' effects - is it soho square?

Cesare

cheers guys. very close Cesare -- it's Cavendish Square, just up the road. and did seem fairly heavenly to the hundred or so people snatching an hour of sunshine before back in the office...

yeah, reminds me of when I used to work in Fenwicks (newcastle) - sometimes we'd sit outside on the old eldon square green for lunch...never a good idea as it was so hard to motivate yourself for the afternoons graft... :D

love the first one, vuk - wish I had the opportunity to shoot pics like that!

mr. cat.

thanks, but i'm a bit confused. the first picture is a nature shot--is that the one you meant? you're the guy living in the thinck of it; i'm in the middle of a big, ugly city ;-)

vuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back