advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vuk that is quite subpar for you. I know this because i have at least fifty shots of boring swans as well.

One of your rules of photography should be 'no bloody swans!'

Thanks for the comp BTW ;)

I like your BBQ picture concrete. Has a nice Englishness thing about it.

However, I am dismayed to see your friend wearing what appears to be a P*t* D*her*y style comedy hat. And what's more it appears to be perched at a jaunty angle!

yes, what matthew said. over in canada, BBQ devices wouldn't fit in that back yard and only street thugs or recently arrived third-world immigrants use tiny hibatchis. the former caught on my camera here just 2 days ago...

off_season.jpg

vuk.

In the Canadian BBQ you can see to the horizon and there is nobody for miles.

In Concrete's English version a tiny space is bounded by a fence (Enclosures Act!) plus 2 quintessentially English things: a determination to a) intensively garden any patch of land no matter who small and b) make every effort to have a good time on a Bank Holiday weekend.

Indeed, it was the legally obligatory bbq for the bank holiday. Except clearly its quintessentialness was tempered by the fact that the sun actually shone continuously -- where was the mad dash to get everything in from the rain? where was the 'cooking and smoking yourself to death under the umbrella'? i ask you...

I like your BBQ picture concrete. Has a nice Englishness thing about it.

However, I am dismayed to see your friend wearing what appears to be a P*t* D*her*y style comedy hat. And what's more it appears to be perched at a jaunty angle!

Matthew, I can only thank you for the subtle way in which you brought this to my attention. I apologise unreservedly that any of my friends might, even for a moment, bring that c*nt to mind, and will pass on your comments in an attempt to ensure it never happens again. For the record, if Andreas had ever reminded me of Doherty I'd not be his friend anymore.

Make him burn the hat just to be sure though, preferably on one the disposable barbecues, two for three sheets at Wilko's at the moment. Can't say fairer than that.
The hat would probably taste better than most of what comes off those things anyway :)

Concrete -- I am sure Andreas is perfectly lovely and the hat was merely an abberation. Also as someone who still flinches at the recollection of a certain lime green mohair jumper I can only say "Let he who is without sin"...

Down on The Stade fishing beach yesterday with the Blad.

img337.jpg

I've taken a lot of pictures of these over the last couple of years, I think this is the best one I've come up with so far.

-- Ian

Ian's picture looks architectural and Martin's picture contains a sideshowesque seabird.

I guess good art is supposed to challenge your preconceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back