advertisement

Oh crap - mystery garden visitor....

@Tony L - apologies that the thread has taken such a scatological dive. No problem if you wish to delete it. I’ll create a new one should the culprit become known!

OK I'll admit, it's a possibility and thus 'don't be silly' was perhaps OTT, ad-hom and against the AUP, and I beg your indulgence :). But I still think it's unlikely. In my experience, elephants have enough trouble with ladders in daylight, without attempting them at night. So unless there's an easier way onto the OP's roof which he's keeping to himself, I'll reserve judgement.

OK I'll admit, it's a possibility and thus 'don't be silly' was perhaps OTT, ad-hom and against the AUP, and I beg your indulgence :). But I still think it's unlikely. In my experience, elephants have enough trouble with ladders in daylight, without attempting them at night. So unless there's an easier way onto the OP's roof which he's keeping to himself, I'll reserve judgement.

:D

To help with the speculation, whilst the roof in question is single-storey and therefore more amenable to elephantine access, said elephant would need to access the garden by performing a deft limbo dance under a solid gate. Ladders are tricky enough, but as far as I’m aware, elephants have not been observed to limbo dance in the wild.

That looks like a goose shit. We had to clear like a million of them from my sons football pitch one saturday before they could play, it was a goddamn minefield out there.

My dear cousin has a pond in the garden. One saturday morning she woke up and their entire design garden was fertilised by it. She has been praying for foxes ever since.

To help with the speculation, whilst the roof in question is single-storey and therefore more amenable to elephantine access, said elephant would need to access the garden by performing a deft limbo dance under a solid gate. Ladders are tricky enough, but as far as I’m aware, elephants have not been observed to limbo dance in the wild.
Can’t they pole vault?

Dumbo can fly though.

Don’t be silly, how would an elephant have got on the roof without him noticing?

That would indeed be a Herculean tusk to achieve. However, a friendly Indian elephant would at least say "howdah do mister" if noticed.

Don't suppose you have flocks of cockapoos in your vicinity? Or neighbouring Shitzus? Turdulent times indeed chez o.p.

No new deposits last night, and the trail camera spotted just a hedgehog, a pair of woodpigeons and a magpie. Unless they had joint evil enterprise, worked together and had a workshop and storeroom nearby to accummulate and aggregate outputs until sufficient material was available to plant, we are none the wiser.

No new deposits last night, and the trail camera spotted just a hedgehog, a pair of woodpigeons and a magpie. Unless they had joint evil enterprise, worked together and had a workshop and storeroom nearby to accummulate and aggregate outputs until sufficient material was available to plant, we are none the wiser.

Clearly, the Elephants were able to evade the cameras.

Crafty things, them pachyderms, I tells ya.

How do elephants hide in cherry trees? By painting their toenails red.

Other than some knock-knocks, that may be one of the oldest jokes ever told. Should have posted in Classic.

advertisement

Back