advertisement

Oh crap - mystery garden visitor....

hc25036

pfm Member
A bit of light relief hopefully, but a call on the Pinkfish collective knowldgebase for help all the same.

We have a wildlife-friendly garden in the countryside (ish) that was started just 3 years ago. We have interesting insects (including a rare black bumblebee), a decent range of birds and hedghogs all visiting regularly.

Then, 3 nights ago, this appeared....

IMG-3321.jpg

and the next night - this:
IMG-3323.jpg

Ah, we thought, a fox has found a way in so it can clear up the crab apples.

Then we noticed this on the roof:

IMG-3327.jpg

Got to be a big bird then. No eagles round here, but there are a few red kites and the occasional buzzard. Can anyone help with a possible ID?

That looks like a goose shit. We had to clear like a million of them from my sons football pitch one saturday before they could play, it was a goddamn minefield out there.

That looks like a goose shit. We had to clear like a million of them from my sons football pitch one saturday before they could play, it was a goddamn minefield out there.

Should have made them play with the poo in place , most of the players may be little sh=ts ?:)

Yesterday I watched a large seagull devour a pigeon. After he'd bashed it around on the road it went down his throat as one whole thing. The last to go in were the tail feathers.
I can't imagine how that would look coming out the other end.

A bit of light relief hopefully, but a call on the Pinkfish collective knowldgebase for help all the same.

We have a wildlife-friendly garden in the countryside (ish) that was started just 3 years ago. We have interesting insects (including a rare black bumblebee), a decent range of birds and hedghogs all visiting regularly.

Then, 3 nights ago, this appeared....

IMG-3321.jpg

and the next night - this:
IMG-3323.jpg

Ah, we thought, a fox has found a way in so it can clear up the crab apples.

Then we noticed this on the roof:

IMG-3327.jpg

Got to be a big bird then. No eagles round here, but there are a few red kites and the occasional buzzard. Can anyone help with a possible ID?

Get loads of roe deer shit in my garden, but it looks more like sheep shit than whatever has taken a dump in yours.

Doesn’t look like Canada goose shit to me.
Their offerings cover my golf course fairways at this time of year.

Bird dropping of some description. The clue is the white stuff which is uric acid. Birds do not expel liquid urine; instead they turn their excess nitrogenous waste into uric acid paste, which economises water. They do not have separate urethra and rectum, but a shared cloaca, hence the mixture of brown and white.

advertisement

Back