advertisement

Oh crap - mystery garden visitor....

elephant-hot-air-balloon-sara-edens.jpg

Hmm… new deposit last night, but just where the camera didn’t cover. The elephant theory is beginning to stack up!

by most human standards, it is a relatively small defecation, so it was Boris, as he is a little sh*t.

Whatever it was, (likely a goose) I'm guessing that passing the 'T' shaped turd might have brought a tear to its eye.

just done a poo quiz with the National Trust at Gibraltar Point, showed them the sample - says too big for goose.

Pheasant? If so, you could be in luck, assuming you know a a pheasant plucker. A better game than Pook sticks, anyway.

It's no bird
If you find a bird with a 10cm shit, I'll phone the guinness book of records.

It is 200% guaranteed a bird dropping - the white is uric acid.

As I have said, it is a wood-pigeon dropping. No doubt whatsoever, none at all.

If you like, I'll try to find a nest in the garden with very large squabs in and try to take some pic's.

Possibly a passing goose. Canada Goose poo is exactly like that and that size. Pigeon poo normal about half that. Too late now but the key is the contents ofc. If the contents had been grassy, goose would be fairly certain, but nobody can be 200% sure without a look inside to see what the food was.

I am 200% sure.
I have seen many, many kilos of goose droppings (very) close-up. That dropping isn't even close to looking likecoming from a goose. If a goose has been grazing, as they usually do, you can see the fibres, no need for anything but "long range" visual inspection.
I also regularly remove this sort of dropping from the bird bath here, just slightly smaller. This large, quite possibly from a bit that has just left the nest after a few hours incubating.

Good Morning All,

No mystery about this garden visitor!!!! Kate video'd this a couple of days ago with apologies for the poor quality of the screen capture but it is a rat on our squirrel defeating fat block cage..........

I can report the rat did find its way in and the fat block has been re-located......

yiQlCVg.png

Regards

Richard

I am 200% sure.
I have seen many, many kilos of goose droppings (very) close-up. That dropping isn't even close to looking likecoming from a goose. If a goose has been grazing, as they usually do, you can see the fibres, no need for anything but "long range" visual inspection.
I also regularly remove this sort of dropping from the bird bath here, just slightly smaller. This large, quite possibly from a bit that has just left the nest after a few hours incubating.

Of course. Sorry. Now if you'd said 300% I'd never have questioned it.
(we have 6 wood pigeons here each morning also, but their small 3/4cm poos are obviously just local to Scotland I guess).

Good Morning All,

No mystery about this garden visitor!!!! Kate video'd this a couple of days ago with apologies for the poor quality of the screen capture but it is a rat on our squirrel defeating fat block cage..........

I can report the rat did find its way in and the fat block has been re-located......

yiQlCVg.png

Regards

Richard
Little buggers...
We has rats every year except this one. Odd since there is often some left over ground food at night, still there in the a.m. but still, no rats. The Trail cam picks up three hedgehogs, and etc but not a rat in sight. Im pleased but puzzled :)
There are a bugger to be rid of normally.

Of course. Sorry. Now if you'd said 300% I'd never have questioned it.
(we have 6 wood pigeons here each morning also, but their small 3/4cm poos are obviously just local to Scotland I guess).

I have told you what it is as a statement of fact. Not guesswork or conjecture. I have explained why.

It cannot be from a BOP as they eat essentially no roughage and any that they do is generally cast as a pellet. Their dropping are essentially liquid.

Who mentioned birds of prey? We have buzzards and red kite here each day. I know their droppings well....not even close. Anyway, you're welcome to your opinion.

advertisement

Back