advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being very well read, I hadn't heard of this character, but having had a quick look here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_There

This character is rather a pleasant charming man and his story is so heart warming.

I'm really flattered by the comparison. Its made my day...Thank you.

I shall look up the movie, seems its perfect for Christmas viewing.
Chauncey was pre-internet. He didn't have the ability to engage and troll multiple targets simultaneously. Like you do.

I think it is a PR stunt, provoking the situation so that the finance sector kicks off if the EU does not reciprocate? Seems to be the same sort of trick as the EU offering UK citizens an EU passport.

It's simply more of what we've seen.

The EU will stick to its rules and its processes.

The UK will make it up as it goes along.

Plus the UK is (overly) reliant on banking and finance in London so it has to do all it can to keep those jobs and income here. The EU has more than enough capacity to take those jobs to Frankfurt or Paris or Amsterdam or Dublin or...

It's simply more of what we've seen.

The EU will stick to its rules and its processes.

The UK will make it up as it goes along.

Plus the UK is (overly) reliant on banking and finance in London so it has to do all it can to keep those jobs and income here. The EU has more than enough capacity to take those jobs to Frankfurt or Paris or Amsterdam or Dublin or...

Did you miss my point that the EU is talking similar garbage about EU passports then?

I think it is a PR stunt, provoking the situation so that the finance sector kicks off if the EU does not reciprocate? Seems to be the same sort of trick as the EU offering UK citizens an EU passport.

Sounds like a desperate cry for ‘passporting’ which has apparently already (perfectly understandably) been taken off the table by the EU. The BoE will be all too aware of what economic catastrophe lies ahead if the UK loses the golden tax egg that is the city so all manner of bribes will be layed out in an attempt to retain at least some of it post-Tory-Brexit. Yet another indicator the UK is spiralling down the pan thanks to the incomprehensible wrong-headed ineptitude of this government. “Brexit means Brexit”... actually it means ‘total financial clusterf***’.

EU have apparently set Dec 31st 2020 as the end of the "transition" period. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42426542

A "transition period" after the UK leaves the EU will not continue beyond 31 December 2020, Brussels says.

The UK has said the temporary arrangements should last for about two years after Brexit in March 2019.

Terms of the transition period, which the UK calls an implementation phase, have yet to be negotiated between the two sides.

The EU says the UK will have to continue to follow its rules and cannot adopt an "a la carte" approach.

Did you miss my point that the EU is talking similar garbage about EU passports then?

i think there will be a significant increase of people seeking to quit tory-britain come the day. this is already hinted at by the irish experience:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...-uk-almost-double-after-brexit-vote-1.3331145

but hey, look on the bright side. it might well go some way to having the same effect as reducing immigration on brexit island. keep all the little-britons happy.

If the European banks leave London they won't have pasporting rights. If the UK banks do not open an office inside EU they won't have pasporting rights. If this is correct, like I think it is, what is the problem ? Is ECB acting different from BoE ?

I don't think the ECB has said much other than to warn UK-based banks not just to set up companies in the EU with token staff. It must be a daunting task when you have thousands of staff in a much more liberal operating environment than what you get in France or Germany. I expect if they have to leave, they will be leaving kicking and screaming in protest at the injustice of it all.

I don't think the ECB has said much other than to warn UK-based banks not just to set up companies in the EU with token staff. It must be a daunting task when you have thousands of staff in a much more liberal operating environment than what you get in France or Germany. I expect if they have to leave, they will be leaving kicking and screaming in protest at the injustice of it all.
" I expect if they have to leave, they will be leaving kicking and screaming in protest at the injustice of it all."
...and they will not be alone in this.

Not quite on topic but a good example of how Mrs May's propaganda arm works.

The splash...

DRfc9Q8W0AA6S0b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back