1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New boots

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lordsummit, May 10, 2015.

1. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Where did you get them from?

2. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

3. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Hell, we'll be talking about Star Trek and open an off topic room next.

4. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Little bent up-arrow on flickr, choose BBCode, just copy the whole lot into your post, i.e. don’t use the toolbar here.

PS I edited your post!

6. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

I’ve got the RedWing foreman chukka; about 6yrs old in need of a resole. The only place I can find to do it is the place the RedWing London store uses. Not cheap. https://www.shoe-repairs.co.uk/

7. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Try www.shoehealer.co.uk that’s where mine are going. I can’t find a bad word about them. They’ve quoted me about £80 plus postage to get there. They have some amazing transformations on social media.

8. audiopile

audiopile pfm Member

Only pair of Redwings I owned until recently were a pair of them I got back in '66(maybe 65?) when I worked for Weinberg shoes -they had a reciprocal agreement that allowed us to employee discount purchase their boots -they got to buy our shoes on the same discount structure. Really nice boots - unfortunately they only lasted about 6 months. I went from the shoe factory to a much better payin job loading trucks at a local soda pop factory. The combination of acid ,sugar and finely ground up glass from broken bottles- ate up the uppers. Sure wasn't the boots fault. This started me buyin military surplus paratrooper boots for work -cheap-fairly well made. About 6 or seven years ago I found a pair of apparently brand new unworn current issue US mil spec boots at the local thrift for 37 bucks for the pair. Almost didn't try them on because they were sized too small -but slipped 'em on for a try out and wow -they are comfortable . Turns out designed by those noted nice guys -Marine Corp. drill instructors- they are sized for a nice thick standard issue sock -gortex -probably get you rated a mall Ninja in certain quarters - but I'm so old I can get away with 'em. Trade off from day to day with the civilian version made by Danner (PRC?) and finally another pair of Red Wings which are holding up nicely this time. Unfortunately spend a fair amount of time on narrow rung ladders -so thick hard soles are a necessity. But nothin was cooler than Clark desert boots in the 60's and I wore out at least two pairs over the years.

9. wacko

wacko pfm Member

I don't think Church's are as well made since a few years after Prada bought them and the prices went up.
    Grenson, Loake's or Cheaney seem better.

10. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Thanks for that. I will get in touch and send them a few pictures.
    Ian.

11. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Delete everything before and after the img tags otherwise we can see all the other pics in lordsummit’s photo stream

12. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I can’t even find the little bent arrow!!!

13. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Here...
    [​IMG]

Then BB code, then highlight box and copy....
    [​IMG]

...and paste into pink fish post.

Delete everything either side of the ‘img’ tags if you don’t want others to be able to see other photos in you Flickr photo stream. (I found that one of you and the pig quite disturbing)

[​IMG]

lordsummit likes this.
  14. andrewhockley

andrewhockley pfm Member

15. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

16. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Hmmm, I fear the problem may be I’m trying to do it from my phone! Neither the app or the mobile site seems to give me the code. Thanks for the help, I’ll continue to try!!

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The Flickr iOS app is crap, really beyond hopeless. Delete it and just access the site from a browser.

18. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

[​IMG]ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url][/IMG]

[​IMG]ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url] by Richard Lord, on Flickr[/IMG] [​IMG]ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

aha!!!! I can do it from an iPad, and now I understand the problem, don’t use the image function, just paste and edit. Thanks.

19. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, it seems that the iPhone doesn’t support bbcode for some reason.

20. andrewhockley

andrewhockley pfm Member

I'm glad to say I don't even know what stylish is these days.