1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New boots

Discussion in 'off topic' started by lordsummit, May 10, 2015.

1. wacko

wacko pfm Member

But useful for your next "North African campaign'...

sean99 likes this.
  2. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Obviously out of touch because I thought this was about Ian Drury " New boots and Panties" but never mind!

gavreid and lordsummit like this.
  3. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

You are, of course, free to start a thread on 'New Panties' if you wish.

4. Bart

Bart pfm Member

I always fancied some cowboy boots with fancy stitching and maybe a bit of silver tagged on somewhere.
    (Spurs would be too ostentatious I feel).
    I would probably have had some were it not for the voice of reason (swmbo), and would probably never have had the nerve to wear them.
    P.S. I saw mention of desert boots earlier, are people still wearing these, have we learned nothing?

5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Cowboy boots should only be worn by actual cowboys.

wacko likes this.
  6. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

Sadly even the thought is too many years in the past ( old panties perhaps) so I will leave that to you younger guys!

7. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

I love Loaks shoes and boots quality. Send them back to the factory for new heal and souls after years of wear. They come back like new.

8. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Surely exceptions can be made for line dancing and hoe downs

9. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

No. Unless the people taking part are actual cowboys

10. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

The trouble with re-soling those Red Wing chukkas is that they don’t include the tougher outer layer, and they wear much more quickly. They’ve stopped making new ones with the layer as well. Takes a couple of years off them at least.

11. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I’m going for Vibram soles. The cobbler I’ve chosen says they should be tougher than the original. After much cogitation I’m going light coloured again. At least until the morning when I may change my mind...

12. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

Some years ago I found a pair of as new cowboy boots at a charity shop, cost almost nothing. Leather soles, really well made. I would have kept them had they not been a weird sort of platinum patent leather. I sold them for many times what I paid but regret it as they were extremely comfortable and perhaps could have been dyed.

My stepdaughter has black cowboy boots: they look grand on her.

My default is 8 up DMs, cherry red. Comfortable and timeless. I've had some great second hand buys.

Bart likes this.
  13. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

DMs are generally ugly, the Chelsea boot is ok though. Always best to buy quality British brands like Trickers, not cheap but there is a 40% off sale at the moment.

14. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Exactly what I thought! I cant read the thread title without completing the sentence ;-)

15. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Thanks to lordsummit’s recommendation I can happily endorse The Shoe Healer in Doncaster for Red Wings chukka repairs

Before...
    [​IMG]

After...
    [​IMG]

16. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Indeed, got mine back on Monday, they used mine on Facebook for a transformation shoot. Really impressed with the workmanship

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They look amazing now.

17. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

With those gold lame highlights they will be calling you twinkle toes when you hit the streets........

GruntPuppy likes this.
  18. GruntPuppy

GruntPuppy pfm Member

I am a firm fan of thinsulated patrol boots, the current pair is doing very well indeed. Bit of a bad patch the last few days, but I consistently do at least 7 miles a day split over 3 walks, and they're still going strong.

19. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Who needs gold lame to be called twinkle toes..?

20. kevinrt

kevinrt pfm Member

Spiderous, Lordsummit

did you have a choice of sole types? Was the original style sole an option? Are they Redwing soles or made by someone else?

regards
    Kevin