advertisement

New boots

Little bent up-arrow on flickr, choose BBCode, just copy the whole lot into your post, i.e. don’t use the toolbar here.

PS I edited your post!

Only pair of Redwings I owned until recently were a pair of them I got back in '66(maybe 65?) when I worked for Weinberg shoes -they had a reciprocal agreement that allowed us to employee discount purchase their boots -they got to buy our shoes on the same discount structure. Really nice boots - unfortunately they only lasted about 6 months. I went from the shoe factory to a much better payin job loading trucks at a local soda pop factory. The combination of acid ,sugar and finely ground up glass from broken bottles- ate up the uppers. Sure wasn't the boots fault. This started me buyin military surplus paratrooper boots for work -cheap-fairly well made. About 6 or seven years ago I found a pair of apparently brand new unworn current issue US mil spec boots at the local thrift for 37 bucks for the pair. Almost didn't try them on because they were sized too small -but slipped 'em on for a try out and wow -they are comfortable . Turns out designed by those noted nice guys -Marine Corp. drill instructors- they are sized for a nice thick standard issue sock -gortex -probably get you rated a mall Ninja in certain quarters - but I'm so old I can get away with 'em. Trade off from day to day with the civilian version made by Danner (PRC?) and finally another pair of Red Wings which are holding up nicely this time. Unfortunately spend a fair amount of time on narrow rung ladders -so thick hard soles are a necessity. But nothin was cooler than Clark desert boots in the 60's and I wore out at least two pairs over the years.

I used to own DM boots years ago and their current Chelsea ones look good.
If you want proper footwear, you should try Church's.
I bought a pair of their Chelsea boots just after Xmas. Mine don't have leather soles, but replaceable rubber ones. To have them resoled is £100.
Church's were established in 1873 in Northampton. They used to make traditional English shoes and boots, but are now owned by Prada and have extended their range.
Church's aren't cheap. A leather-soled pair of Chelsea boots I nearly bought were £475. Nonetheless, they are very comfortable, look great and last a long time.
Jack

I don't think Church's are as well made since a few years after Prada bought them and the prices went up.
Grenson, Loake's or Cheaney seem better.

Little bent up-arrow on flickr, choose BBCode, just copy the whole lot into your post, i.e. don’t use the toolbar here.

PS I edited your post!
Delete everything before and after the img tags otherwise we can see all the other pics in lordsummit’s photo stream

I can’t even find the little bent arrow!!!
Here...
49997828232_77ac342eb5_b.jpg

Then BB code, then highlight box and copy....
49997055238_6a207cb3c4_b.jpg

...and paste into pink fish post.

Delete everything either side of the ‘img’ tags if you don’t want others to be able to see other photos in you Flickr photo stream. (I found that one of you and the pig quite disturbing)

49997828157_77d1850aef_b.jpg

Here...
49997828232_77ac342eb5_b.jpg

Then BB code, then highlight box and copy....
49997055238_6a207cb3c4_b.jpg

...and paste into pink fish post.

Delete everything either side of the ‘img’ tags if you don’t want others to be able to see other photos in you Flickr photo stream. (I found that one of you and the pig quite disturbing)

49997828157_77d1850aef_b.jpg

Hmmm, I fear the problem may be I’m trying to do it from my phone! Neither the app or the mobile site seems to give me the code. Thanks for the help, I’ll continue to try!!

The Flickr iOS app is crap, really beyond hopeless. Delete it and just access the site from a browser.

49996058936_8e2b50f691_c.jpg
ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url][/IMG]

ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url] by Richard Lord, on Flickr[/IMG]
ABEA3A6F-2A66-4460-B67F-84ECBE7AE431[/url][/IMG]

[/IMG]

aha!!!! I can do it from an iPad, and now I understand the problem, don’t use the image function, just paste and edit. Thanks.

Hmmm, I fear the problem may be I’m trying to do it from my phone! Neither the app or the mobile site seems to give me the code. Thanks for the help, I’ll continue to try!!
Yes, it seems that the iPhone doesn’t support bbcode for some reason.

advertisement

Back