advertisement

Naim Nait 50

The temptation is becoming unbearable. I’d have a hard time doing without a remote though. Some here hold the lack of remote to be a virtue; likely to make for better sound. That’s as may be, but I take enough exercise without hopping up every time the loudness varies from one track to another on a streaming playlist…

Owners on the other place seem to prefer Nait 50 against SN3 !
This is most surprising I must say.

Atom, SN3 amo are now on sales, maybe related ?
My dealer offer new Atom with 20-25% discount.
Bellends, what a load of old shite. Daft old c**ts.

I’m no engineer and have no experience with Naim amps. Is it possible that low powered Naim amps end up being favorably reviewed because of a simpler circuit?

I also don’t know if the new Nait is a simpler circuit than a SN3…just an amateur audio enjoyer question.

Is it possible that low powered Naim amps end up being favorably reviewed because of a simpler circuit?

Maybe.

I recall the guys at Naim went to create a more powerfull integrated amp during a week of Julian Verekers absense.
Soon after he scrapped that idea - the original Nait wasn't an easy task to beat.

That was back in late 80s

There are quite a few really good, decently powered integrated amplifiers out there, and certainly quite a few tall tales/hand wringing on the green forum too.

Bellends, what a load of old shite. Daft old c**ts.

If the speakers can be driven by ~25 watts or less, I would be interested to hear exactly what is in the design of the Supernait 3 that makes it a better amplifier.

The only thing the two have in common is the case design ( 50 has better finish and much better switches ) and the mm phono stage which has been tweaked the rest is 21st century Naim .
I never liked the Nait 1 , Love the Nait 50

What didn’t you like about the Nait 1? I’ve never heard one but I do love my Nait 2 and Nait 3R (w/Hicap).

I used to have a nait 3 ,nice amp . have heard a Nait2 and Nait one when it came out , found it ( Nait one ) a bit raw and raged and frankly rough . I had a Nac 42 Nap 110 at the time

I never liked the Nait 1 , Love the Nait 50

My favorite Nait were Nait 2 in any of the three editions.

Yet to hear Nait 50, but judging on many owners view it betters any other Nait/Supernait in most conditions.
If this is true, it must be pretty good (it better be looking at price)

Yeah these adapters are really evil crap performance degrade, don't judge anything with these in chain.

Okay re Mayware .
Yes they are crap the last one I had was on the Din yes Din mm phono input ( oh the good old days ) on my old but new back then a long time ago A&R Cambridge A60 .

I have had a set of Vertere Red line RCA to RCA cables on trail with my Naim 282 using the RCA plug input , very good interconnect and I invested £8 on a new Mayware and well I never , the Red line sounded better going into a Din input via the Mayware than into the phono direct .
Must be the common earth even via the adaptor .
The Vetere D-Fi is not available phono to din and again I have one on home dem / trial between my Rega Apollo Naim Nait 50 and since I can't take a soldering iron to a loan cable and fit a Din plug the Mayware is on the Nait . So far sounding very good and bettering my Chord Chrysalis Din to RCA , if I buy them I'll fit a Din plug . My thinking is if it's good via the adaptor it will be better without it .

My favorite Nait were Nait 2 in any of the three editions.

The Nait two ,Chrome bumper green back light and big black knobs ( got away with that ) is the best looking amp ever made IMHO .

The Nait 50 is very special , is it better than a Supernait ?
I don't know but I was looking for a Supernait when the 50 was announced and I'm not looking for one now

advertisement

Back