advertisement

Naim Nait 50

I used cable that I had I in drawer that just happened to be nice and flexible .Chord Rumour2 . I've got naca5 but not felt need to compare ,I'll be honest and say lazyness had something to do with it ....
7wf1ulv.jpg

I used cable that I had I in drawer that just happened to be nice and flexible .Chord Rumour2 . I've got naca5 but not felt need to compare ,I'll be honest and say lazyness had something to do with it ....
7wf1ulv.jpg

Nothing wrong with Rumour. I'm using it with 300, 552, NDS etc and it's as good as anything in my system.
I like your set up, looks great.

Nothing wrong with Rumour. I'm using it with 300, 552, NDS etc and it's as good as anything in my system.
I like your set up, looks great.

I share you're preference for a lack of boxes - I've a NCS 222, LP12 and have active ATC's coming on Friday.
I also like your choice of decoration - not sure if I could get away with that.
My father always commented on Tartan carpeting at a friends.

Why is the led colour clearly wrong ...to me it's clearly right for this product . which is a Nait 50 not a Nait 1 or 2.
I may not share the majority opinion but that's the whole problem with many many posts now ,Opinion seams to become fact .

its not the color - its the brightness. lights up a dark room.

put me in the column of "the nait 50 rocks" - mine sounds (and looks) great. the 50 is a fantastic "comeback tour" for the early nait mode. those needing remotes, lots of inputs, features - this is obviously not for you. those with 3 sources or less, who value simplicity, musicality and small form factor - jump on board while you can. perceived value for the 50 will be all over the place. for me, in 2023 it was worth the cost - even tho there are many other very very good options out there at this level. for others, well, depends on where you are coming from and where you are going. imho, if its up your alley, the 50 could be an end game integrated.

put me in the column of "the nait 50 rocks" - mine sounds (and looks) great. the 50 is a fantastic "comeback tour" for the early nait mode. those needing remotes, lots of inputs, features - this is obviously not for you. those with 3 sources or less, who value simplicity, musicality and small form factor - jump on board while you can. perceived value for the 50 will be all over the place. for me, in 2023 it was worth the cost - even tho there are many other very very good options out there at this level. for others, well, depends on where you are coming from and where you are going. imho, if its up your alley, the 50 could be an end game integrated.

Interesting - is it the style of sound with a prominent treble and loads of bass ?
is it warm sounding ?
How does it compare to other amps you've heard ?

Sorry lots of questions.

PS The limitation to my mind is the lack of inputs/flexibility. I just couldn’t use one as a main system amp, but I guess many folk these days only have a couple of sources, don’t need a tape-loop etc.
That's why I think the NAIT2 is a more complete shoebox amp, with MM, two line level, tape loop AND balance control.

If the Nait 50 was modelled on the CB Nait 2, I'd be seriously tempted.

I think the assumption is that people will be routing any digital through a DAC, which probably has multiple inputs of it’s own.

advertisement

Back